A giant 7-kg baby born in RussiaJanuary 31st, 2011 - 4:42 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Jan 31 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A baby boy weighing 7.2 kg has born in the Russian town of Khabarovsk.The newborn and his 33-year-old mother were fine, authorities said. The baby was born last week.
According to statistics, these big babies are a rare event and they are born one in a 1,500.
The usual weight of healthy newborn children is 3-3.5 kg and an infant up to 5 kg is considered big, more than 5 is a “giant”.
- Couple held for selling newborn in Moscow - May 09, 2012
- Russian woman found living with husband's body - Mar 11, 2012
- Russian thieves steal platinum - Dec 26, 2011
- Woman gives birth on flight to Moscow - Oct 14, 2011
- South Africa gifts one ton oranges to 'seven-billionth' baby - Nov 04, 2011
- Mother throws crying baby from 14th floor - Mar 03, 2012
- Wildfires smoke forces Siberian airport shut - Jul 14, 2012
- World's 7-billionth child is Russian - Oct 31, 2011
- Apple to hold Steve Jobs memorial Sunday - Oct 15, 2011
- Russia launches cluster of four satellites - Jul 28, 2012
- Thai sextuplets named after car brands - Jul 07, 2012
- Two-headed pig born in Russia - Jul 26, 2012
- Russia sends food aid to Libya - Jul 26, 2011
- Russia's poverty rate rises to 12.8 percent - Feb 21, 2012
- Putin declares income of $122,000 for 2011 - Apr 12, 2012