81-year-old to sail around the worldOctober 4th, 2010 - 4:28 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, Oct 4 (IANS) Eightyone-year-old V. Radhakrishnan, who is an eminent radio astronomer and the son of Nobel Laureate C.V. Raman, is all set to sail around the world from here within a couple of days.
Radhakrishnan, who arrived in the coastal city here to begin his journey on his boat “Eldemeer”, was getting his papers ready.
“Every sailor wants to go round the world but it doesn’t mean anything. All will say, but very few can do it. So don’t believe them,” said Radhakrishnan, a space scientist and also a member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences.
He along with four co-travellers would sail to Phuket in Thailand and then decide the next stop.
- Milestone tributes for Raman, Bose - Aug 31, 2012
- Indian scientists need to think big: PM - Jan 03, 2011
- Heritage Walk organized to celebrate National Science Day - Feb 28, 2012
- Kerala boat hit-and-run: Cargo ship sailor arrested - Mar 08, 2012
- Indian research fellowship big hit in Africa - May 18, 2011
- Ramakrishnan's teacher says the spark was there even during college days - Oct 08, 2009
- Time to frame rules to protect our fisherfolk (Comment) - Jul 23, 2012
- PM salutes Nobel laureate 'Venki' Ramakrishnan for good science - Jan 03, 2010
- Thailand tourism woos industry, travellers with tax-breaks, freebies - Jun 19, 2011
- KSCSTE wants new advanced Raman Spectroscopy centre - Aug 10, 2012
- Indian-born scientist, two others win Nobel Prize for Chemistry (Third Lead) - Oct 07, 2009
- India's coastal security plan yet to take off (Three years after 26/11) - Nov 25, 2011
- Here's the art behind Nobel citations - Oct 30, 2010
- Sri Lanka detains 113 on way to Australia - May 28, 2012
- Amartya Sen welcomes Mamata's move on Presidency varsity - Jul 08, 2011
Tags: academy of sciences, c v raman, coastal city, couple of days, journey, nobel laureate, radhakrishnan, radio astronomer, royal swedish academy, royal swedish academy of sciences, space scientist, Thailand, travellers