70 school kids in hospital after food poisoningNovember 20th, 2008 - 1:13 am ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Nov 19 (IANS) About 70 school children were hospitalised here Wednesday following food poisoning.Doctors and officials suspect either the daily mid-day meal they were served in the school or jatropha fruits could have caused the illness.
The children belonged to Nistoli locality of Loni in Ghaziabad.
At about 5.00 p.m., 27 students of the Nistauli Government Primary School were rushed to the district hospital, Chief Medical Superintendent Y.C. Gupta said.
The rest were admitted to the Government Combined Hospital at Sanjay Nagar.
Doctors treating the children said it could be because of the mid-day meal given to them in school, adding that investigations would be conducted.
City Magistrate Umesh Mishra said it could be jatropha fruits might have caused food poisoning. A resident of the area said the locality had five-six jatropha trees and that the students had climbed the trees and picked the ruits.
“We would institute an inquiry into the case whether the children fell ill due to the fruit or due to mid-day meal,” Mishra said.
- Over 40 kids fall sick in Ghaziabad - Oct 25, 2009
- 60 children fall ill after mid-day meal - Sep 14, 2011
- 27 children fall ill after consuming mid-day meal - Jun 29, 2010
- 48 students fall ill after having mid-day meal - Jul 14, 2011
- 53 students taken ill after mid-day meal - Jul 16, 2011
- Over 100 students taken ill of food-poisoning - Sep 27, 2010
- Haryana to review mid-day meal scheme as kids fall sick - Jul 18, 2011
- Special kitchens for Haryana schools - Oct 10, 2010
- Even animals won't eat Mid-Day Meal in Goa: Parrikar - Jul 31, 2012
- Two children die after eating mid-day meal in Bihar - Mar 11, 2010
- NHRC asks Bihar for report on students' thrashing - Jul 19, 2012
- Lizard in midday meal: Goa orders probe - Sep 13, 2011
- Court worried about poor mid-day meal - May 26, 2010
- Centralised kitchens in Pubjab for mid-day meals - Jul 10, 2011
- Children ill after lizard-infested meal in Bihar school - Jul 28, 2009