60 hospitalised in Himachal Pradesh after food poisoningOctober 2nd, 2008 - 1:29 am ICT by IANS
Shimla, Oct 1 (IANS) At least 60 people, mostly women and children, were hospitalised after they consumed allegedly adulterated food at a marriage party in a Himachal Pradesh village Wednesday night.More than 60 people started vomiting after dinner at Jalot village in Kangra district, G.S. Bali, a former minister, told IANS.
State Health Minister Rajeev Bindal, who was in the district to attend a programme, reached the Dr. R.P. Government Medical College at Tanda where most of the patients were admitted.
Bindal said ambulances were sent to Jalot to bring the other affected people to the hospital.
He said the cause of the food poisoning could not be ascertained at this point in time.
“Our priority right now is to provide treatment to all the patients,” he said.
- 56 people hospitalised after food poisoning - May 21, 2011
- 70 hospitalised with food poisoning in Chhattisgarh - Feb 21, 2012
- Congress walkout over Vajpayee - Mar 03, 2011
- Super-speciality hospital to come up in Himachal - Nov 23, 2010
- Palanquin bearers to ferry patients in Himachal - Aug 16, 2012
- RTI answers better than Himachal government's: legislators - Mar 04, 2011
- 222 people hit by food poisoning in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
- Himachal orders probe into blood wastage - Oct 26, 2010
- Himachal to launch free ambulance service - Dec 20, 2010
- 2,000 new cancer cases in Himachal in last one year - Apr 05, 2012
- Graft, scams hog limelight in Himachal assembly (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Apr 01, 2012
- 21 die of mite disease in Himachal - Oct 08, 2011
- Lack of syringes hits Himachal's HIV tests - Oct 13, 2011
- 37 seminary students hospitalised in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 21, 2011
- Over 80 fall sick after consuming special flour - Mar 04, 2011