3,000 ’suvidha’ centres to be set up in Punjab villagesJune 4th, 2010 - 8:58 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, June 4 (IANS) To ensure better and hassle-free services to the people of rural areas in Punjab, 3,037 ‘e-gram suvidha’ (village help) centres will be set up in the villages across the state, at a cost of Rs.90 crore, an official said here Friday.
“Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal has already given the green signal to the project. An empowered committee, comprising administrative secretaries of various departments, today (Friday) gave in-principle approval to implement it within a year,” a government spokesperson said.
“These ‘e-gram suvidha’ centres will ensure the delivery of basic people-friendly services like delivery of old-age pension, registration of people for pension under the categories of handicapped, widows and disabled persons,” he added.
The spokesman said the centres would be set up to offer citizen-oriented services in a comfortable and efficient manner.
He said at present a large number of services are being delivered at the village panchayat (council) level manually, resulting in inefficiency, inordinate delays and a lot of harassment to the beneficiaries and making it impossible to measure the standard of services and their effective supervision.
The spokesman added that 300 police station outreach centres will also be opened in the state for counselling services to resolve disputes related to domestic violence, dowry-related and various other crimes related to women.
“Punjab would be the first state in India to implement community policing at such a large scale,” he pointed out.
- All Punjab villages to have 'E-gram' services by December - Aug 04, 2010
- Punjab to provide e-convenience in all local bodies - Nov 09, 2010
- Two Goa cops booked for dowry-related harassment - Jun 16, 2011
- Antony calls for transparency in defence accounts - Sep 30, 2011
- Goa becoming 'dowry destination'? - Jun 21, 2011
- Government sponsored scheme to aid e-governance in Panchayat bodies - Feb 26, 2010
- India to discuss outsourcing curbs with Obama (Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- Aadhaar used for first time in northeast - Sep 07, 2012
- National e-governance meet begins Thursday in Maharashtra - Feb 09, 2011
- Project Arrow yielded good results in Punjab: Pilot - Apr 10, 2011
- Tamil Nadu to check corruption in welfare schemes - Aug 04, 2011
- Single portal for e-governance services in Gujarat - Jul 21, 2010
- Punjab issues ordinance on time-bound government services - Jul 27, 2011
- Punjab accepts agitating teachers' demands - Nov 12, 2010
- Department of Justice to organize regional meetings on Sunday - Jul 17, 2010
Tags: administrative secretaries, beneficiaries, counselling services, deputy chief minister, disabled persons, domestic violence, dowry, friendly services, government spokesperson, inefficiency, inordinate delays, old age pension, oriented services, outreach centres, police station, rs 90, rural areas, sukhbir singh badal, village panchayat, widows