25,300 jobs in a day! Mumbai creates Guinness recordOctober 13th, 2011 - 11:41 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 13 (IANS) City-based NGO Swabhiman Sanghatana Thursday said it has created a new Guinness World Record by giving jobs to 25,300 unemployed youths, including physically challenged.
The appointment letters were issued Wednesday from various private and cooperative banks, call centres, private companies, trading and business organisations, malls and shopping plazas, depending on the qualifications of the applicants.
The effort was recognised by Guinness World Records director Rob Molroy, who awarded the coveted certificate to Swabhiman Sanghatana head Nitesh Rane as thousands of youths cheered.
“More than any record, the bigger pleasure was to see the faces of so many unemployed youths lit up as they were given their appointment letters which would help them support their families,” Rane said.
Shortly after the Guinness recognition, Maharashtra Industry Minister Narayan Rane rushed to the venue to felicitate Nitesh, who also happens to be his son.
A Sanghatana office-bearer said that the preparations for the NGO’s job fair started several weeks ago.
“This included tapping various organisations for different types of jobs they could offer to the youths, and then contacting several thousand unemployed youngsters and asking them to submit applications for the same,” the official told IANS.
Several youths who secured jobs of their choice were seen leaving the venue with an expression of triumph and happiness on their faces.
The starting salary for the jobs offered is around Rs.75,000 per annum and above, depending on the merits and qualifications of the individual, Sanghatana officials said.
- NGO demands 'cover up' for Shiv vada-paav stalls - Jan 10, 2012
- Three years on, India remembers 26/11 victims - Nov 26, 2011
- Mumbai's street food politics: Youth the gainer - Jul 04, 2011
- Crime Branch to probe allegations against Narayan Rane's son - Oct 03, 2010
- Maharashtra minister's son, two others wanted for attempted murder - Sep 24, 2010
- Court orders CBI probe against Narayan Rane's son - Mar 24, 2011
- Shiv Sena hits back at Narayan Rane for attacking Uddhav - Sep 25, 2010
- Maharashtra minister's son claims innocence, opposition seeks CBI probe - Sep 24, 2010
- No bullet injury on man 'shot' by Rane's son: Forensic report - Oct 04, 2010
- New twist in case against Maharashtra minister's son (Lead) - Sep 24, 2010
- Maharashtra Revenue Minister's son fires at his own employee in Mumbai - Sep 24, 2010
- 'Reserve seats for students in BEST buses' - Mar 14, 2011
- Police thrash Mumbai college students - Mar 12, 2011
- Unemployed Goa youths cleaning toilets abroad: Speaker - Dec 05, 2011
- Rajasthan's targets 400,000 new jobs this year - Aug 13, 2012
Tags: annum, appointment letters, business organisations, cooperative banks, different types of jobs, guinness record, guinness world record, guinness world records, industry minister, job fair, maharashtra, merits, mumbai, narayan rane, ngo, office bearer, private companies, starting salary, unemployed youths, youngsters