1,500 kids to be trained in life-skills by AoLMay 30th, 2012 - 12:50 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, May 30 (IANS) About 1,500 children from India, Singapore, Malyasia and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) will flock to the Art of Living (AoL) Foundation campus here Thursday to participate in ‘Colours of Joy,’ a four-day summer retreat.
“Children from various countries will be trained in life-skills to face challenges and live a full life with a purpose. They will be taught yoga and meditation and how to participate in interactive sessions to handle peer pressure and exam stress,” AoL founder Ravi Shankar said in a statement here late Tuesday.
The children, in the 8-17 years age group, will also take part in a workshop where a bouquet of programmes will be conducted.
“The four-day workshop will focus on the all-round growth of the children, helping them to overcome inhibitions, fears, achieve good health, enhance their confidence and creativity,” Shankar said.
The workshop will include a special interactive session in which the AoL founder will speak to the youngsters on topics like career, peer-pressure, choices in life, relationships, success and failure.
“The workshop is designed to let the children bloom into confident and happy individuals. It will offer every child an opportunity to interact, share and experience different cultures and mind sets. They will be taught to see life in equanimity and to accept challenges and learn from different experiences,” AoL faculty member Shreya Chugh said.
Interactive sessions addressing personal and social challenges children face; games and fun-filled activities to promote team-spirit and alertness; and musical evenings are some of the other features of the workshop.
In ‘A time to go back to the roots’, children will participate in special sessions on chanting, the Subhashitas, Gita, stories from Puranas, handicraft and pottery workshops, talks on organic farming, a trip to the cowshed and a discourse on the glory of India.
- Argentines throng meditation session with Sri Sri Ravi Shankar - Sep 10, 2012
- A concert with 1,110 veenas! - Mar 29, 2012
- Ravi Shankar asks NGOS to join effort against corruption - Dec 03, 2010
- 1.25 million people to observe 'Yogathon' Saturday - Apr 06, 2012
- Thousands of Argentines turn up to hear Indian guru - Sep 06, 2012
- One lakh devotees worship god Shiva in Bangalore - Feb 20, 2012
- Argentine youth seek peace through Indian guru - Sep 09, 2012
- Unite world's religions through spirituality: Sri Sri Ravi Shankar - Sep 11, 2012
- Women from around the world to assess role of technology - Feb 02, 2012
- Firing not aimed at Sri Sri Ravi Shankar : Karnataka DGP - Jun 05, 2010
- A music concert with 1,008 veenas - Mar 26, 2012
- Spiritual leader Ravi Shankar to visit Pakistan - Mar 09, 2012
- Two-day mourning in Karnataka for Sai Baba - Apr 24, 2011
- Scriptures to help fight HIV-AIDS - Mar 12, 2011
- Capital tales: Books get voices to reach more children - Jul 19, 2012
Tags: aol founder, children face, choices in life, cowshed, different cultures, exam stress, face games, glory of india, india singapore, interactive session, interactive sessions, life relationships, malyasia, musical evenings, organic farming, pottery workshops, social challenges, special sessions, success and failure, united arab emirates