123456 is world’’s worst password used on the InternetMarch 19th, 2009 - 2:38 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Mar 19 (ANI): 123456 is the most common password used by people on the Internet.
Obscenities, names of fast cars and even ncc1701 - the ship number for Star Trek’’s Starship Enterprise, have made it to the list of top 500 worst passwords of all time.
Compiled by Whatsmypass.com, the list features passwords most commonly used by Internet users.
And topping the list of the most common password is 123456, followed by “password” in second place.
Other popular password choices were first names, repeated letters and numbers, pop-culture references.
Even batman, bond007 and cocacola made it to the list, reports the Courier Mail.
The website said that almost one out of nine people use at least one of the passwords mentioned on the list, and one out of every 50 people use one from the top 20.
In fact, a study commissioned by digital communications agency @www found that an average adult had as many as 15 passwords to remember.
But 61 per cent of people used the same passwords for as many different accounts as possible in order to make life easier. (ANI)
- The Most Commonly Used Passwords Revealed - Dec 21, 2010
- Simple passwords easier to hack: experts - Jan 21, 2010
- Upper-casing password can foolproof your e-mail account - Feb 11, 2011
- Ten most commonly used internet passwords - Jan 21, 2010
- 46pc Brits use same password for every website - Jan 02, 2010
- Coca-Cola faces flak for using porn to attract children on Facebook - Jul 19, 2010
- Twitter Banned 370 Passwords For Security Reasons - Jan 06, 2010
- Punishment for Chinese who hack foreign computers - Aug 30, 2011
- Identity theft at all-time high: British officials - Jul 24, 2012
- Spam emails claiming celeb deaths contain virus, spyware - Aug 25, 2010
- Man who harvested data of 100m Facebook users speaks out - Jul 30, 2010
- LinkedIn probes theft of 6.5 mn passwords - Jun 06, 2012
- 'Occupy' is most commonly used English word - Nov 11, 2011
- How do hackers obtain nude pics of celebs? - Mar 20, 2011
- Arrests made in malware fraud case which infected millions of computers worldwide - Nov 10, 2011
Tags: 123456, adult, batman, bond007, choices, cocacola, courier mail, culture references, digital communications agency, fast cars, first names, internet users, letters and numbers, melbourne, obscenities, passwords, star trek, starship enterprise