1 in 5 Brit women blame drink or drugs for unprotected sexJanuary 1st, 2011 - 12:40 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 1 (ANI): A survey has revealed that one in five Brit women, who end up having unprotected sex blame drink or drugs.
As many as half of the women interviewed said their preferred method of contraception was the Pill, however, two out of five favoured condoms, reports the Daily Express.
Meanwhile, a small number of men-one in 67-said they prefer women to take the morning-after pill so they can avoid wearing a condom.
The Co-operative Pharmacy surveyed more than 3,000 men and women.
Just over two per cent of women from 1,800 surveyed had taken the morning-after pill three times or more and a similar number of those aged 18 to 21 used it as their ‘regular’ form of contraception.
“The morning-after pill should be a last resort to prevent an unwanted pregnancy,” said Mandeep Mudhar, head of NHS development at the firm. (ANI)
- Use of morning after pill worries pharmacists (Lead) - Jan 02, 2011
- Use of morning after pill concerns pharmacists - Jan 02, 2011
- Chinese women forced to register for morning-after pill - Dec 29, 2011
- New pill two times more effective in stopping unwanted pregnancies - Jan 29, 2010
- Morning-after pill works up to 5 days after unprotected sex - Jan 31, 2010
- Condoms now 'as popular as the Pill with Brit women' - Oct 21, 2009
- Free morning-after pills fail to cut teen pregnancies - Jan 31, 2011
- Chinese women prefer to pop the pill than rely on condoms - Sep 17, 2010
- New Morning-After Pill Awaits FDA Approval - Jun 15, 2010
- Over-the-counter morning-after pills 'have not cut teen pregnancies' - Jan 31, 2011
- Morning-after pill doesn't cut teen pregnancy: Study - Mar 19, 2010
- More than 40,000 Chinese have misconceptions over use of contraception - Sep 17, 2010
- EllaOne: Emergency contraception pill or abortive agent? - Feb 02, 2010
- Sex advice on mobiles for teens causes uproar - Dec 10, 2010
- FDA finds the new morning after pill safe - Jun 20, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,