Wiil-Kat ‘did not sign a prenup agreement’May 2nd, 2011 - 2:02 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 2 (ANI): Senior royal sources have confirmed that the recently married Duke and Duchess of Cambridge did not sign a pre-nuptial agreement before the wedding.
A pre-nuptial agreement would have been a very practical measure to safeguard Prince William’s wealth and ensure that Kate is maintained in regal style in the event of a divorce.
Considering the unenviable success rate of royal marriages in the past, signing on a legally binding document seems to be just the right thing for the couple to have done.
However, royal sources have denied that William was advised that a legal agreement would be a good idea but had refused to sign one.
“For him to refuse, it would’ve had to have been suggested to him by someone and it was not. There is no prenuptial agreement in place for this wedding,” the Daily Mail quoted a well-placed source as saying.
William, 28, earns 37,170 pounds a year as a Flight Lieutenant in the RAF. But he was left 6.5million pounds by his mother Princess Diana, which through investments is likely to have grown substantially since her death in 1997.
In addition, Prince Charles pays the costs of running William’s household. Last year he spent 1.6million pounds on personal expenses for himself, his wife and his sons.
And eight years before her death, the Queen Mother reportedly placed two-thirds of her money into trusts for the benefit of her great-grandchildren.
But Kate has no income. She quit her job at her parents’ online party supplies business in January to throw herself into planning the wedding. She had previously worked for retailer Jigsaw. (ANI)
- Prince Charles' official online shop sells Wills, Kate jigsaw puzzle - Mar 21, 2011
- Robbie Williams, Ayda Field sign pre-nuptial agreement - Aug 07, 2010
- Cox, Arquette seek smooth divorce - Jun 15, 2012
- Aniston wants pre-nup with Theroux - Aug 17, 2012
- Kate Middleton dreams she is marrying Prince William at altar naked! - Apr 27, 2011
- NBC to cut royal wedding coverage as Wills, Kate deemed 'too boring' - Apr 18, 2011
- William gets manicure, haircut for wedding - Apr 28, 2011
- Kate's parents meet Queen, Prince Philip - Apr 21, 2011
- Demi Moore to 'punish' Ashton Kutcher - Nov 21, 2011
- UK Government trying to make money out of Royal Wedding - Feb 04, 2011
- No prenup for Hugh Hefner and Crystal Harris? - Apr 03, 2011
- Kate Middleton pregnant? - Sep 06, 2012
- Shooting begins on 'William and Kate' film - Feb 22, 2011
- Kate Middleton gives cooking lessons to Harry - Aug 26, 2012
- Longoria's divorce finalised - Feb 01, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,