Uttarakhand becomes the rock climber’s dream destinationMay 3rd, 2009 - 7:08 pm ICT by ANI
Dehradun, May. 3 (ANI): With rock climbing gaining the stature of the state’s top outdoor activity, Uttarakhand is fast becoming the adventure sport enthusiast’s dream destination.
The Himalayas and the Shivalik ranges in Uttarakhand provide a wide opportunity of adventure sports like rock climbing.
Recently, a camp was organized by the Snot Adventure sports to motivate students in adventure sports, and also boost their confidence level.
“We have learnt many things like rappling and climbing. This helps me boost my confidence and also participated for enjoyment. I want to pursue it as my career,” said Anshuman, student.
A number of students from various states including India’s western Gujarat, Mumbai and northern Delhi participated in the seven-day camp.
“Students of the Birla School of Ranikhet and from Mumbai, Gujarat, Delhi and even from South India have come here. The youngsters are curious to know what is it all about. They have come here to participate in all the activities. It will not only help them learn rock climbing but also develop their personality and confidence,” said Pravin Upreti, instructor.
Besides rock climbing, training is also being imparted in bouldering, rappling and long pitch climbing. They are also being trained in map reading.
Uttarakhand also boasts of many other options for adventure sports like para gliding and river rafting. (ANI)
- Students attend adventure sports camp in Haldwani - Apr 12, 2011
- Rock climbing wall inaugurated in Srinagar - Sep 05, 2012
- India to attract more adventure tourists - May 27, 2011
- 104 more peaks to open in Leh to boost tourism - May 27, 2011
- Uttarakhand Govt. organizes adventure sports camp for students - Jan 18, 2010
- High adrenaline adventures in Himachal's rugged trails - Jun 01, 2011
- Workshop on 'natural disasters' rescue course in Himachal Pradesh - Jun 27, 2010
- Ski down grassy Himalayan slopes this summer - Mar 15, 2011
- Chandigarh boy wins Kingfisher's Himalayan expedition - Jul 15, 2011
- Uttarakhand Govt. starts disaster management training program - Dec 12, 2010
- YHAI conducts adventure training camp - Jan 04, 2010
- Come, ski down Himachal's grassy slopes (Lifestyle Feature) (With Images) - Jun 24, 2012
- Himachal opens Lahaul, Spiti waters for rafting - Sep 24, 2011
- Rishikesh, Ladakh - the new getaway for adventure seekers (With Images) - Jun 23, 2011
- To parasail or trek across jungles, try Himachal (With Image) - May 12, 2010
Tags: adventure sport, adventure sports, camp students, climbing training, confidence level, dream destination, gujarat, himalayas, many things, map reading, mumbai, pitch, ranikhet, river rafting, rock climber, shivalik, south india, sport enthusiast, stature, youngsters