Tourists throng Manali with arrival of summerApril 17th, 2009 - 3:34 pm ICT by ANI
By Prem Thakur
Manali, Apr 17 (ANI): With the arrival of summer, the hill town of Manali in Himachal Pradesh witnesses a rush of foreign and domestic tourists.
Manali is Himachal Pradesh’s main summer destination for backpackers, trekkers and partygoers escaping the summer heat.
During winters, tourists here enjoy snow, winter sports like skiing, mountain biking, snow scooter riding, paragliding and other adventure sports along with thepicturesque beauty of Himalayan region and snow clad mountains.
The rising temperature in April has revived Manali as tourist destination.Although the tourism industry across the world is experiencing losses due to the current recessionary trends, the hoteliers here claim that they have faced no problems.
Travel agents say that the number of tourists have increased due to theearly arrival of summer this year.”This year the season has begun a bit early. Because of the holidaysof Good Friday and Easter, there is definitely an increase in domestic as wellas international tourists in Kullu Manali valley,” said Himanshu, Tour and Travel Agent, Manali.
Thousands of domestic and foreign tourists have thronged the town to beat the heat of summers.
“We arrived in Manali today. So far it’s really beautiful, really nice mountains with snow. It really has a good view. I think we are going to stay here two three days more or may be go up to the mountains and do some trekking,” said Lilach Levy, tourist from Israel.
Manali also has Hadimba Devi temple, Vashisht temple, Manu temple where tourists pay their homage to gods and goddesses.
Every year more than ten million tourists visit Himachal Pradesh. Tourism industry plays a vital role in the economy of this hilly state. (ANI)
- Fresh snowfall engulfs Manali, tourists rejoice - Feb 13, 2011
- Still snowing tourists in Himachal hills - Mar 25, 2011
- High adrenaline adventures in Himachal's rugged trails - Jun 01, 2011
- Time for pulsating action on Himachal highway - Jun 09, 2011
- More snow in Shimla, Manali (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Ski down grassy Himalayan slopes this summer - Mar 15, 2011
- Manali wrapped in white again - Jan 05, 2012
- Snow-clad slopes make Manali a skiers' paradise - Feb 23, 2011
- Himachal's snowy peaks pull in tourists - Dec 12, 2011
- Snowless Himachal not so inviting this New Year's eve? - Dec 30, 2011
- Himachal profits from Kashmir tourist overflow - May 28, 2012
- Snow-clad mountains luring tourists to Himachal - Nov 19, 2010
- It's a dry Christmas in Himachal resorts this year - Dec 24, 2011
- Come, ski down Himachal's grassy slopes (Lifestyle Feature) (With Images) - Jun 24, 2012
- Tourists throng Himachal - to milk cows, pluck vegetables - Apr 21, 2011
Tags: adventure sports, backpackers, domestic tourists, good friday, homage, hoteliers, international tourists, kullu manali, levy, manu temple, mountain biking, snow scooter, summer destination, summer heat, tourism industry, tourist destination, tourists visit, travel agent, trekkers, winter sports