Tourists enjoy nightlife in KashmirMay 23rd, 2009 - 7:22 pm ICT by ANI
By Afzal Bhat
Srinagar, May 23 (ANI): Heavy influx of tourists has provided a boost to the nightlife in Kashmir as tourists enjoy boat rides and shopping till late in the evening.
For last three weeks the rush of tourists has increased in Kashmir valley and the scenic beauty of the famous Dal Lake is making lot of tourists to spend time outside their hotel rooms.
During the day most of the tourists prefer to visit places like Gulmarg, Pahalgam, Sonamarg, and other tourist resorts but in the evening they love to visit markets and restaurants for shopping and dinner. This has resulted in an increase in business activities in the evening.
“A large number of tourists are visiting (Kashmir). We are doing a brisk business in the evening,” said Ishfaq Ahmad, a shopkeeper.
“It is pleasant in evening. We enjoy shopping and strolling in the evening. It is a fun to stroll on the promenade of Dal Lake in evening,” said Suresh Sharma, a tourist from New Delhi.
Kashmir has been one of the most sought after tourist destinations in India till militancy hit the tourism industry. However, for the last a few years tourism has shown signs of revival. (ANI)
- Summer of peace: Kashmir tourism never had it this big (With Images) - May 29, 2012
- Kashmir reverberates with summer tourists (With images) - Jun 24, 2011
- Prayers for peace as summer beckons tourists to Kashmir - May 22, 2011
- The white hills of Gulmarg rock back to glory (With Image) - Jan 03, 2012
- Shah Rukh film shoot rekindles Kashmir magic - Aug 28, 2012
- Priyanka, family arrive in Kashmir for holiday (Lead) - Apr 16, 2010
- Separatist shutdown affects life in Kashmir - Jun 11, 2012
- Jammu-Kashmir Govt. builds wayside facilities for pilgrims, tourists - Apr 25, 2010
- Avalanche warning issued in Kashmir - Jan 07, 2012
- Historical Gupkar Road of Srinagar gets a facelift - Apr 18, 2010
- Tourism hit hard due to unrest in Jammu and Kashmir - Jul 11, 2010
- Pushkar is where it's kosher for Israeli tourists (Travel Feature) - Jul 05, 2012
- Chidambaram steps out to interact with Kashmiris, tourists (Roundup) - Jun 21, 2011
- Kashmir unrest hits affects of religious items during Ramzan - Sep 06, 2010
- Fresh snow brings relief in Kashmir - Dec 20, 2011
Tags: bhat, boat rides, brisk business, business activities, hotel rooms, influx, ishfaq ahmad, kashmir, kashmir valley, late in the evening, militancy, New Delhi, promenade, revival, shopkeeper, sonamarg, tourism industry, tourist destinations in india, tourist resorts, tourists