Tibetan activist on ‘Free Tibet World Tour’ resumes his tour in ChennaiOctober 8th, 2010 - 6:28 pm ICT by ANI
Chennai, Oct.8 (ANI): Lhakpa Tsering, a Tibetan activist, has begun his ‘Free Tibet World Tour’ again after completing customs formalities.
Tsering arrived in Chennai on September 17, but had to spend a fortnight completing his customs formalities.
Tsering commenced his journey on March 10, 2010 from the UN headquarters in New York.
Before reaching India, he had travelled across 21 countries, spreading the message of freedom for Tibet.
Tsering told media persons here that Mahatma Gandhi has been his inspiration.
“I educate (enlighten) people about what’s happening inside Tibet, lots of people do not know what’s happening in Tibet. Tibetan people do not have human rights and there is no religious right. So, I am the voice, am educating people around the world, as I was travelling around the world,” said Lhakpa Tsering.
“And also India is being a very important part of my journey. India is the place where the Mahatma Gandhi was born and Mahatma Gandhi used to teach non-violence and peace and Tibetans, we also believe in non-violence and peace. So, that’s why India is being a very important part of my journey,” he added.
Dawa, an active Tibetan Student Association participant, appreciated Lhakpa Tsering efforts.
“In Tibet, all the people are suffering. They are suffering from lack of all the human rights, specially the basic rights. So, we want to create awareness about those suffering in Tibet to the equal of the world and it’s a great effort from the persons like Mr. Lhakpa Tsering to go round the Tibet and tell people around the world that we need support,” said Dawa.
Tsering plans to conclude his tour in Dharamsala, the headquarters of the Dalai Lama on October 29. (ANI)
- Globe-trotting Tibetan runs into customs wall in India - Sep 24, 2010
- Dalai Lama not to address Tibetans on 'uprising day' - Mar 09, 2012
- Non-violence key to international relations: Dalai Lama - Oct 02, 2011
- Prayers, hunger strikes mark Tibetan sacred festival - Feb 22, 2012
- Peace activist organises 'Global Peace March' for free Tibet - Dec 26, 2010
- Losar will be a muted in McLeodganj this year - Feb 18, 2012
- Gandhi, Akbar among world's top icons: Time (Lead, Changing dateline) - Feb 06, 2011
- Gandhi, Dalai Lama among world's top icons: Time - Feb 06, 2011
- Mahatma's grandson to attend Dalai Lama's birthday bash - Jul 04, 2011
- Global torch relay to focus attention on Tibet - Sep 02, 2012
- Tibetans urged not to celebrate New Year - Feb 20, 2012
- Tibetans demand 'free Tibet' - Mar 10, 2012
- Tibetan activists launch signature campaign - Apr 24, 2012
- Tibet situation grim, needs global intervention, say exiles - Feb 24, 2012
- Exiles ask BRICS to raise Tibet with Hu - Mar 28, 2012
Tags: activist, chennai, customs, dalai lama, formalities, fortnight, free tibet, human rights, inspiration, journey, mahatma gandhi, media persons, participant, peace, religious right, september 17, spreading the message, tibet world, travelling around the world, violence