Steven Curtis Chapman first interview after the loss of daughterAugust 8th, 2008 - 1:12 pm ICT by Bupha Ravirot
Steven Curtis Chapman, award-winning Christian music accompanied by his wife Mary Beth Chapman and children, Emily Elizabeth, Caleb Stevenson and Will Franklin spoke about his recent family tragedy on ABC’s “Good Morning America” after their hearts are healed for the first time on Wednesday.
Maria Sue Chapman, a 5 year-old, Steven’s five-year old daughter, was accidentally hit by a car as her 17-year old brother, Will Franklin, backed out of the driveway in their Tennessee home as they celebrated the engagement of their daughter and the high school graduation of their son on May 21, 2008.
“To me, you know, that meant a ton,” Will Franklin said. “I didn’t really want to be at the house, I just wanted to be away. And I was just freaking out.” he added the feeling toward the accident.
Maria Sue later died from her injuries at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee. She was the youngest in the family, and one of three daughters adopted from China by Steven and his wife, Mary Beth.
Apart from three biological kids, Steven and Mary had adopted three more from China.
The father opened that; “We have talked a lot, and you will hear all of us talk about the process of grieving with hope,” Chapman told GMA anchor Robin Roberts. “That’s what has kept us breathing, kept us alive, is that while we are grieving this process, there is a hope that we have that we’re anchored to in the midst of just what sometimes seems unbearable.”
While his wife emotionally confessing how much she wants Maria back.
“Because of my faith, I know that she’s completely whole and completely OK and I’m going to see her again….”
- Katie Medley survives theatre shooting and then gives birth to a baby boy - Jul 24, 2012
- US woman who sent back Russian boy to pay $150,000 - May 18, 2012
- Lily Aldridge is pregnant - Jan 04, 2012
- 'Dog Bounty hunter' star Duane Chapman hospitalized - Oct 04, 2010
- American buries his partner on top of his wife - Oct 18, 2010
- American Idol 10th Season Premiere - Jan 19 - Jan 20, 2011
- LiLo faces a life-long battle against addiction, says mum - Feb 19, 2011
- GMA staffers get their unclaimed money back - Aug 26, 2011
- 3-yr-old Oz girl blessed by Pope miraculously survives death - Feb 18, 2011
- Anna Chapman's new footage shows her social tactics - Jul 29, 2010
- 'Russian spy' Anna Chapman's marriage was a sham? - Jul 10, 2010
- Adoptions on rise - and many want a girl! - Mar 12, 2011
- Anna Chapman plans to sue husband over 'spy' claims - Jul 09, 2010
- Jessica Alba has plans to adopt - Apr 05, 2010
- Cruise's adopted daughter joins Holmes fashion lable - May 11, 2011