Singapore Foreign Minister Yeo meets ChidambaramAugust 4th, 2010 - 12:34 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 4 (ANI): Singapore’s Foreign Minister George Yeo called on Home Minister P. Chidambaram here on Tuesday.
Both leaders discussed a wide range of bilateral issues with the intention of furthering mutual interests and friendship.
Yeo, who is currently on a five-day official visit to India, said the meeting was intended to cement ties between both nations.
“We just had a general discussion on bilateral issues to strengthen the relation between Singapore and India which are very good,” he added.
He had also met the Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh, and his Indian counterpart, S.M Krishna.
He also attended the sixth meeting of the Nalanda Mentor Group (NMG) on August 2 and evinced a keen interest in the deliberations of the NMG, which is headed by Nobel Laureate economist Amartya Sen.
Yeo is a member of the NMG in his personal capacity. The NMG is to reveal its plan for the revival of the Nalanda University in Bihar. (ANI)
- Singapore Foreign Minister Yeo calls on S.M. Krishna in New Delhi - Aug 03, 2010
- Singapore Foreign Minister attends Nalanda panel meet - Aug 03, 2010
- Amartya Sen in Bihar for Nalanda meeting - Jul 18, 2012
- Padma for Singapore ex-minister with Nalanda connect - Jan 25, 2012
- Amartya Sen-headed Nalanda varsity group to meet in Patna - Jul 05, 2011
- Nalanda Mentor Group holds meet in Patna - Jul 06, 2011
- Global competition for Nalanda university design - Jul 07, 2011
- Kalam dissociates himself from Nalanda university - Sep 15, 2011
- New thinking needed to save Presidency, say experts - Jul 23, 2011
- Singapore Buddhist groups to help finance Nalanda university - Aug 03, 2010
- Amartya Sen to be chief mentor of Presidency University - Jun 04, 2011
- International funding sought for Nalanda University: Amartya Sen (Lead) - Aug 03, 2010
- Vacancies to be filled at Kolkata's Presidency University - May 26, 2011
- Amartya Sen welcomes Mamata's move on Presidency varsity - Jul 08, 2011
- Global design competition for Nalanda university - Feb 21, 2011
Tags: bilateral issues, deliberations, dr manmohan singh, general discussion, home minister, indian counterpart, keen interest, krishna, manmohan, manmohan singh, mentor group, minister yeo, mutual interests, nalanda university, New Delhi, nmg, nobel laureate economist, p chidambaram, personal capacity, singapore foreign minister