Real Madrid likely to make over 500 million pounds marketing RonaldoJune 12th, 2009 - 12:33 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 12 (ANI): Spanish football giants Real Madrid are likely to earn about 500 million pounds from marketing Portuguese winger Cristiano Ronaldo, their latest recruit.According to The Sun, not only will Ronaldo help maintain Real as the richest club on earth, but his 80 million pound capture gives them a huge boost in their battle with Manchester United for world domination.
Real president Florentino Perez coughed up the astonishing sum because he knows Ronaldo will “pay for himself”.
A top Madrid source said: “He would be a great commercial asset and he could be worth up to 510 million pounds over a 10-year period.
“Beckham helped Real overtake United as the club with the highest proceeds. Ronaldo could be the difference in the next five to 10 years,” the source added.Perez’s predecessor Ramon Calderon did the groundwork to land Ronaldo. Calderon said: “Football is a sport but for clubs like Real Madrid it’s showbiz.
“We combine having the best players and winning titles and also getting money. Ronaldo can produce a lot of money.”
Real have just finished the third year of a seven-year TV contract worth over 880 million pounds. But with the arrival of Ronaldo they believe they will extend it - and even renegotiate it upwards.
A huge hike in their shirt sponsorship with Adidas will also be on the cards. (ANI)
- Real Madrid to offer Ronaldo 200k pounds a week - May 19, 2009
- Ferguson dismisses talks of Ronaldo moving to Real Madrid - Apr 20, 2009
- Real Madrid to use Ronaldo as bait for bagging Rooney - Apr 17, 2010
- Atletico Madrid to host Barca-Bilbao Copa del Rey final - Feb 25, 2012
- Man U ready to sell Ronaldo to Real for 75m quid - Jun 05, 2009
- Spanish clubs firm on fairer share of TV rights money - Sep 09, 2011
- Ronaldo's legs insured for 90 million pounds - Aug 04, 2009
- Real Madrid to make 20 million pound bid for Vidic - Dec 30, 2009
- Money not the root of my sadness: Ronaldo - Sep 05, 2012
- Why is Cristiano sad despite winning? - Sep 03, 2012
- Real Madrid's Perez claims Ronaldo will join club soon - May 30, 2009
- Real Madrid eyeing spectacular 150 million pound swoop for Rooney, wants Capello back too - Apr 16, 2010
- Real Madrid preparing 50 million pound swoop for Rooney - Oct 18, 2010
- Manchester United wants 85 million pounds from Real Madrid for Ronaldo's transfer - Jun 11, 2009
- Ronaldo says Man U-Real Madrid deal historic - Jun 12, 2009
Tags: 500 million pounds, beckham, commercial asset, contract worth, getting money, giants, groundwork, manchester united, predecessor, proceeds, ramon calderon, real madrid, recruit, ronaldo, showbiz, spanish football, sponsorship, tv contract, winger, world domination