Rajiv Gandhi assassin Nalini alleges harassment by jail authoritiesJune 13th, 2010 - 6:48 pm ICT by ANI
Chennai, June 13 (ANI): Rajiv Gandhi’s assassin, Nalini Sriharan, who is serving a life term in Tamil Nadu’s Vellore Central Prison, has alleged that the jail authorities are harassing her.
In a letter written to State Inspector General of Prisons, Nalini alleged that the jail authorities are treating her like a “contagious disease” patient.
Addressing media, Nalini’s counsel P Pugalenthi also alleged that the jail authorities are violating prison manual rules.
Pugalenthi complained that Nalini is also being prevented from communicating with the outside world.
In her letter, Nalini said the jail authorities are preventing other prisoners from interacting with her.
“All the prisoners have been prevented from moving around near my cell. Neither the prison staff nor the prisoners are allowed to talk to me. I am being treated like a person with contagious disease,” Nalini stated.
Nalini also requested the Inspector General of Prisons to shift her to the Puzhal Jail.
Pugalenthi said the jail authorities forcibly prevented her from giving him copies of her complaint. The notice warned that prison administration was contemplating action against Nalini. (ANI)
- Nalini Sriharan shifted from Vellore jail - Jun 28, 2010
- Rajiv Gandhi killing convict couple meet in Vellore jail - Sep 10, 2011
- Rajiv killer Nalini's 'A' class prison facilities restored - Mar 15, 2012
- Gandhi accused Nalini breaks down - Sep 07, 2011
- Nalini shifted from Vellore to Chennai prison - Jun 28, 2010
- Nalini fears threat to life, probe ordered - May 13, 2010
- Mobile phone seized from Nalini's cell - Apr 20, 2010
- Action mulled against Nalini - Apr 23, 2010
- Nalini plans to appeal in apex court against decision - Mar 30, 2010
- Nalini made calls to England, Sri Lanka (Lead) - Apr 23, 2010
- Nalini made calls to Britain and Sri Lanka, claims TN Government - Apr 23, 2010
- Rajiv Gandhi's assassin Nalini may be set free after 19 years - Jan 21, 2010
- Tamil Nadu lawmakers for probe into Nalini having a phone in jail - Apr 22, 2010
- Gandhi killers pass Plus 2 exams - May 22, 2012
- Probe ordered into Jagir Kaur's VIP treatment in jail - Apr 03, 2012
Tags: assassin, central prison, contagious disease, disease patient, harassment, jail authorities, nalini, prison administration, prison staff, prisoners, prisons, rajiv gandhi, state inspector general, tamil nadu, vellore