Rahul Gandhi describes Bofors allegations agaisnt his family a complete lieApril 25th, 2009 - 9:49 pm ICT by ANI
Kolkata, Apr 25 (ANI): Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the Bofors allegations against his family are a complete lie.
“I don’t appreciate terminology that you stand on a pile of rubbish. That’s not a nice word, but Bofors allegations against my family are a complete lie” Gandhi told reporters here.
When asked if he would apologies for the Bofors kickbacks rows, Gandhi said there was nothing to apologies for.
“It’s a complete lie. And it’s a lie used by opposition governments for 20 years. So there is absolutely nothing I have to apologise for about that,” he added.
The Bofors scandal was a major corruption scandal in India in the 1980s. The then Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi and several others were accused of receiving kickbacks from Bofors AB for winning a bid to supply India’s 155 mm field howitzer.
The scandal was worth Rs 150 billion (Rs. 150 Arabs). (ANI)
- FAQs on Bofors guns and graft row - Apr 25, 2012
- Bofors payoff case: Delhi court verdict on Quattrocchi today - Mar 04, 2011
- Bofors payoff case: Decision on Quattrocchi's fate deferred till March 4 - Feb 21, 2011
- No apologies for Bofors; it was a lie: Rahul Gandhi - Apr 25, 2009
- BJP slams UPA Govt., alleges Bofors scam reached Gandhi's doorstep - Jan 09, 2011
- We've been vindicated, say Bachchans after Bofors revelations - Apr 25, 2012
- Bofors resurrected, Congress again on mat over Quattrocchi (Intro Roundup) - Apr 25, 2012
- Bofors scam: Decision on Ottavio Quattrocchi case today - Jan 06, 2011
- Delhi court accepts CBI plea in Bofors payoff case - Mar 04, 2011
- 25 years of India's 'Watergate': The Bofors scandal (Second Lead, superseding previous story) - Apr 25, 2012
- 25 years of India's 'Watergate': The Bofors scandal (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Bofors resurrected, Congress on mat over Quattrochchi again (Roundup) - Apr 25, 2012
- Chronology: Bofors graft row over last 25 years - Apr 25, 2012
- CBI released documents related to Bofors gun deal - May 13, 2011
- Delhi court to decide on CBI's closure report in Bofors case - Jan 04, 2011
Tags: 1980s, allegations, apologies, arabs, bofors scandal, congress, corruption scandal, general secretary, governments, howitzer, India, kickbacks, opposition, prime minister, rahul gandhi, rajiv gandhi, rubbish