Puri beach festival is a great boost to tourism: Orissa Tourism MinisterNovember 25th, 2010 - 9:49 pm ICT by ANI
By Sarada Lahangir
Puri, Nov.25 (ANI): Orissa Tourism Minister Debi Prasad Mishra has said the 16th International Annual Puri Beach Festival is a boost to the tourism sector of Orissa and is very popular with foreign artists.
The Annual Puri Beach Festival, showcases cultural events, classical and folk dance performances, sand sculptures, handicrafts, food festivals, rock concerts and fashion shows.
Mishra who inaugurated the five-day-long festival earlier this week, said: “In this festival, over 3,000 artists are participating. This year, a troupe from Austria is also participating here. This festival represents the culture and tradition of our country and also contributes to the tourism economy.”
This time organizers have included rowing and beach volleyball, besides handlooms, handicrafts, sand art, gas balloon rides and a kite-flying exhibition in the festival.
“I came here to watch the festival. It is absolutely wonderful night and we have just seen a beautiful performance from India ladies. They were dancing and singing so it was very nice and this is a quality festival. The weather is very nice and the atmosphere is beautiful,” said Asokpai, a Hungarian tourist.
Renowned Bollywood singers Udit Narayan and Alka Yagnik are scheduled to perform during the last two days of the festival.
The festival concludes on November 27. (ANI)
- Tourism industry disillusioned with Taj festival - Feb 16, 2010
- Orissa takes steps to conserve its coastline - Oct 01, 2010
- Ten-day Taj Mahotsav to begin Friday - Feb 17, 2011
- Orissa hosts classical music festival - Jan 22, 2009
- Woman dies in stampede during Jagannath Rath Yatra (Lead) - Jul 13, 2010
- Blocklade-hit Manipuris find solace in cultural fest - Nov 28, 2011
- Indian dances in New York dance festival - Jul 20, 2012
- Indian sand artist wins prize in Denmark (With Image) - Sep 05, 2012
- Sand artist Patnaik pays tribute to 'King of Pop' Michael Jackson - Jun 27, 2009
- Indian sand artist wins gold in Spain (With Image) - Jul 18, 2012
- Sand artist creates image on earth quake - Sep 20, 2011
- Sand sculpture of Ganesha spreads awareness on global warming in Puri - Aug 23, 2009
- Sandy tribute to Japan tsunami victims (With Images) - Mar 12, 2011
- Odisha festival in Tripura to commemorate 'Utkal Divas' - Apr 01, 2012
- When art becomes science to heal body and mind - May 11, 2011
Tags: alka yagnik, balloon rides, beach volleyball, dance performances, festival showcases, festivals rock, folk dance, food festivals, gas balloon, mishra, orissa tourism, puri beach festival, rock concerts, sand art, sand sculptures, sarada, tourism economy, tourism minister, tourism sector, wonderful night