Pakistan Gurdwara invitation for Guru Nanak Dev 541st birth anniversaryOctober 22nd, 2010 - 9:18 pm ICT by ANI
By Ravinder Singh Robin
Amritsar, Oct. 22 (ANI): To mark the 541st Birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev, the Pakistan Sikh Gurdwara Parbhandhak Committee (PSGPC) is celebrating the occasion at Guru Nanak Dev’s birthplace, Nankana Sahib, situated in Sheikhupura district of that country.
PSGPC has invited devotees from all over the world to participate in the functions to be organised to mark this occasion from November 19 to 28.The main religious function would be held at Gurdwara Nankana Sahib from November 19 to 21.
According to Sham Singh, President of the Pakistan Sikh Gurdwara Parbhandhak Committee with the help of Pakistan Evacuee Trust Property Board (PETPB) has made all the necessary arrangement to celebrate the event .
According to the PSGPC program, the visiting devotees would arrive in Pakistan and will directly go to Nankana Sahib. Later, the Sikh delegations would visit Gurdwara Sacha Sauda at Farooqabad, Panja Sahib at Hassanabdal, Gurdwara Dera Sahib, Lahore and Gurdwara Rorri Sahib at Eminabad before returning to India on November 28.
About 172 historical Sikh Shrines are in Pakistan but the Government of Pakistan allows Indian devotees to visit just a dozen of them. (ANI)
- 3,000 Sikhs to visit Pakistan on Baisakhi - Apr 04, 2012
- 1200 Indian Sikh pilgrims to celebrate 541st Guru Nanak birth anniversary in Pak - Nov 19, 2010
- Pakistan to provide three-tier security cover to Sikh Jathas - Oct 13, 2009
- Delay in acquisition of land for proposed Guru Nanak Dev University in Pakistan - Nov 20, 2010
- Guru Nanak's birth anniversary celebrated with fervour (Lead) - Nov 21, 2010
- 3,000 Indian Sikhs to visit Pakistan - Apr 11, 2011
- 4,000 Sikhs reach Pakistan for Nanak's birth anniversary - Nov 19, 2010
- Devotees visit Amritsar's Golden Temple on Baisakhi - Apr 14, 2011
- Prayers, devotion mark Gurpurab in Punjab, Haryana - Nov 10, 2011
- Akal Takht announces new martyrdom day for Guru Teg Bahadur - Nov 23, 2010
- Sikh bodies ask Govt to include Kartarpur Corridor in Indo-Pak talks - Mar 03, 2011
- Sikhs appeal to Pak to ease visa norms for pilgrims - Mar 03, 2011
- Punjab celebrates Gurpurab - Nov 21, 2010
- 200 Sikhs leave for Pakistan for Guru Arjun Dev martyrdom anniversary - Jun 09, 2009
- Sikh bodies divided over change in Guru Tegh Bahadur martyrdom date - Nov 24, 2010
Tags: amritsar, birth anniversary, delegations, devotees, government of pakistan, guru nanak dev, invitation, lahore, nankana sahib, panja sahib, ravinder singh, religious function, returning to india, sacha sauda, sham singh, sikh gurdwara, sikh shrines, trust property