Orphans crave motherly affection on Mother’s Day in Bodh GayaMay 10th, 2009 - 9:56 pm ICT by ANI
By Surya Pratap Singh
Gaya, May 10 (ANI): As several children in cosmopolitan cities celebrated the Mother’s Day by greeting their mothers or giving some gift to them on Sunday, children at an orphanage in Bodh Gaya city in Bihar missed their mothers.
About 250 children, who are being brought up at an orphanage in Bodh Gaya, remembered their mothers’ affection on Sunday, the Mother’s Day.
These children, who cannot express their personal feelings to their mothers, prayed that no matter where does she exist today, may God bless her.
“My mother was very nice. I am praying to god that if she has anyproblems, they should all go away. God should send her to heaven,” saidMohammed Mehtab Aalam, a child student at the orphanage in Bodh Gaya.
Teachers at the orphanage here always try to convince the children that there is nothing missing in their lives.
“The children pray together for their mothers. All teachers try tocooperate with them. We make efforts that they do not feel sad. We cannot be their mothers. But we try that they do not feel that they are orphans,”said Roshan Ali, a teacher at the orphanage.
The orphanage was established in 1917 by Jeanne Pere, a French lady, who had come to visit Bodhgaya as a tourist but felt moved after noticing the plight of children begging outside a temple. She decided to stay on and take care of these poor souls.
Jeanne Pere runs a school at her orphanage for these children and bringing them up in an affection-filled environment. The children fondly call ‘Mami’ (maternal aunt).
Apart from providing education to the children, Pere also teaches embroidery and other skills at the orphanage. (ANI)
- Democracy is the best system: Dalai Lama - Jan 11, 2012
- Sahai's Rs.100 crore largesse for Jharkhand tourism - Dec 14, 2011
- Malaysia's 'Mother Mangalam' turns 85 - May 17, 2011
- Thai woman returns to ailing dog in Bihar - May 02, 2012
- Rename Gaya airport after Buddha: Nitish - Jun 11, 2011
- Wasps sting tourists in Bodh Gaya - Mar 23, 2012
- Buddhist monks demand renewable energy in Bodhgaya - Oct 20, 2010
- Dalai Lama to visit Bodh Gaya in January - Nov 20, 2009
- ASI wants marble removed from Bodhi tree - Feb 23, 2012
- Toy fair ends with distribution of toys to orphans - Jul 04, 2011
- Winter attracts tourists and pilgrims to Bodh Gaya - Nov 09, 2008
- In encephalitis-hit Bihar, parents pray to god to save their kids - Jun 29, 2012
- Buddhist monks to get ID cards in Bodh Gaya - Sep 02, 2011
- McLeodganj deserted as residents leave en masse for Bodh Gaya - Dec 31, 2011
- Dried branches of Bodhi tree chopped - Aug 01, 2012
Tags: affection, ali, cosmopolitan cities, education, embroidery, french lady, gaya, heaven, maternal aunt, mehtab, orphanage, orphans, pere, personal feelings, plight of children, pratap singh, praying to god, roshan, surya