Obese policemen made ‘fit’ in CoimbatoreOctober 11th, 2010 - 9:14 pm ICT by ANI
Coimbatore, Oct.11 (ANI): Tamil Nadu police launched fitness programme for the police personnel who are suffering from obesity. About sixty policemen attended the programme.
The two-day training programme, which began on Saturday was initiated after a survey established that several policemen suffered from obesity, due to lack of fitness regime and proper food habits.
The sub-inspectors and constables who underwent the programme were hopeful of a positive result.
“During my appointment, I was only 60 kilograms weight but now I am 85 kilograms and I hope after this programme I will be able to reduce my weight by five kg. We will continue this kind of training even after this camp is over,” said sub-inspector Maria Jayaseelan Raj.
The programme will be continued for the next six months and another such batch of 60 police personnel have enrolled. (ANI)
- Potbellies of policemen in Jharkhand draws concern at training camp - Nov 01, 2010
- Punjab cops to get unique IDs, officer ranks - May 12, 2011
- Rajasthan legislator held for 2006 'staged' shootout - Apr 05, 2012
- Three cops killed as truck rams into police station - Jun 16, 2012
- Custody of senior Rajasthan BJP leader extended - Apr 09, 2012
- 300 obese Pakistani cops removed from field jobs - Jun 22, 2012
- Drunk man beaten up by police at railway station - Feb 14, 2012
- Development work, police action can address Maoist issue in India: IG, CRPF - Feb 10, 2011
- 42 Maharashtra personnel to be honoured on Republic Day - Jan 25, 2011
- Pakistani policeman fatally shoots colleague - Mar 06, 2011
- Women's power reigns in northeastern police - Dec 15, 2011
- Youth shoots at cops inside Kanpur police station - Mar 30, 2012
- Student killing: Four cops sent to judicial custody - Apr 28, 2011
- Prime accused in Coimbatore sibling murders shot dead - Nov 09, 2010
- Three cops thrashed in Greater Noida - Sep 04, 2010