Northeastern youths making mark in all walks of lifeMarch 10th, 2010 - 10:34 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 10 (ANI): Talented people from northeast are making a mark in different fields across the country.
One such person is Sangeeta Phukan an Assamese who recently took part in Femina Miss India East contest.
She is beautiful and a proud Assamese model, who made a place for herself in Pantaloon Femina Miss India-East Zone held in Kolkata and later auditioned for the upcoming Femina Miss India Contest.
Twenty two -years old Sangeeta Phukan is an aspiring model from Jorhat, who represented the northeast in the beauty contest.
Though she was not able to win the contest but she managed to reach the final.
“According to me, women are brand ambassador of purity, dignity, courage and beauty. Insert: I am from Northeast. I am really very happy to represent my culture, my northeast region and myself,” said Sangeeta Phukan, a model.
According to Sangeeta, winning is the main aim behind participating in any contest but representing the region is a matter of honour.
Besides modeling, writing is a passion for her and she has authored four books in Assamese language ‘Mukha Pindha Manuk’, ‘Ardhangini’, ‘Mandakinir Pora Alakanandaloi’ and ‘Jeevan Doba Khelodhal.’
“I am proud to born in my Northeast and about other girls of northeast, what to say. They are quite, compassionate. They all possess all the qualities that a perfect woman should possess and for Miss India all are just perfect if they work for it,” she added.
A perfect example of beauty with brains, Sangeeta Phukan is a source of inspiration for other budding northeastern models. (ANI)
- Beauty queens come together to celebrate womanhood - May 07, 2012
- Models bypass pageants for straight road to Bollywood - Aug 23, 2012
- I'm focussed on Miss World title: Vanya Mishra - Jun 23, 2012
- Miss Mega Northeast Contest showcases unity among all - Mar 21, 2011
- Right attitude can help win Miss India title: Manasvi Mamgai - Apr 14, 2011
- (after 1)International titles evade Indian girls -- wonder why? - Sep 14, 2011
- Femina Miss India pageant enters 50th year - Sep 18, 2012
- Indore girl wins Miss Asia Pacific 2012 (With Images) - Jun 19, 2012
- 30 contestants gear up for 'Miss Universe' crown - Apr 28, 2010
- Miss India World 2010 wishes to work for animal rights - May 16, 2010
- 'Umrao Jaan' is Manasvi Mamgai's dream role - Aug 22, 2010
- Shriya Saran Turns Judge Of Pantaloons Femina Miss India South 2011 - Dec 24, 2010
- Vasuki Sunkavalli is Miss Universe India 2011 - Jul 16, 2011
- 26-year-old wins Mrs. Russia beauty pageant - Jul 31, 2011
- Manasvi Mamgai is Miss India World 2010 - May 01, 2010
Tags: ambassador, aspiring model, assamese, beauty contest, brains, dignity, doba, east zone, femina miss india, four books, jorhat, kolkata, manuk, matter of honour, miss india contest, New Delhi, pantaloon femina miss india, perfect woman, purity, walks of life