New Hampshire voters prefer Romney over Obama: PollApril 23rd, 2011 - 12:27 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 23 (ANI): Voters in New Hampshire supported Republican candidate Mitt Romney over President Barack Obama, according to a poll.
A poll conducted by Dartmouth College’s Nelson A. Rockefeller Center, including 426 voters, showed former Massachusetts Governor Romney tops Obama in a general election matchup by 8 points.
Romney received 47 percent votes to Obama’s 39 percent, the Politico reports.
No other Republican comes close to that mark, Obama leads former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee by 8 points, former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty by 16, Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour by 19, businessman Donald Trump by 22 and former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin by 27-point margin.
Among voters unaffiliated with either party, Romney beats Obama, 44 percent to 36 percent.
While no Republican candidate defeats Obama except Romney, several including Barbour, Pawlenty and Huckabee, hold him under 50 percent of the vote and have room to grow as they become better known.
Pawlenty drew only 25 percent support against Obama, and Barbour was at just 23 percent, but Obama didn’t take a majority of the vote against either of them.
Dartmouth professor Ronald Shaiko, who conducted the poll, noted that many voters are “not willing to make a claim for Obama when they don’t even know the other person.” (ANI)
- Trump in second place as GOP candidate: NBC Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Even Republicans feel Trump has very little chances of reaching White House - Apr 27, 2011
- Trump takes lead in GOP primary race, beats other Republicans: Poll - Apr 17, 2011
- Obama's rating plunges, yet ahead of GOP rivals: Poll - Apr 20, 2011
- Poll: More than 6 in 10 would not vote for Trump, Palin - Apr 27, 2011
- Romney, Palin clear leaders for 2012 GOP presidential primary - Oct 01, 2010
- Mitt Romney slightly ahead of potential 2012 GOP presidential candidates: Poll - Jan 25, 2011
- Obama most popular candidate for 2012 election: Survey - Mar 24, 2011
- Most Iowa Republicans say Obama wasn't born in US: Poll - Apr 20, 2011
- Former Pennsylvania Senator wins South Carolina straw poll - Apr 10, 2011
- Romney GOP's only New Hampshire hope: Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Poll shows ex-Arkansas Governor Huckabee a hit with southern voters - Mar 02, 2011
- Most Americans can't name single GOP candidate: Poll - Apr 21, 2011
- Christie, Huckabee and Romney run close with Obama for 2012 poll - Apr 01, 2011
- Obama leads over four potential 2012 GOP contenders: Poll - Jan 21, 2011
Tags: alaska governor sarah palin, arkansas governor mike huckabee, dartmouth college, dartmouth professor, donald trump, former arkansas governor mike huckabee, former minnesota governor, governor haley barbour, governor mike huckabee, governor sarah palin, governor tim pawlenty, haley barbour, massachusetts governor romney, mike huckabee, minnesota governor tim pawlenty, mississippi governor haley barbour, professor ronald, rockefeller center, sarah palin, tim pawlenty