Mumbai’s 26/11 target Trident-Oberoi Hotel reopensApril 25th, 2010 - 1:02 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Apr 25 (ANI): The tower block of Mumbai’s Trident-Oberoi Hotel, one of the targets of 26/11 attacks, has reopened after a 40-million dollar renovation.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan reopened the hotel on Saturday.
The 550-room Trident, which brings in nearly a quarter of annual revenue of the Oberoi-owned East India Hotel Limited (EHL), was a favourite of foreign business executives because of its location in the business district and sweeping view of the Arabian Sea.
Twenty-two guests and 10 staff members were killed during the attack.
According to the management, the hotel has been completely transformed to offer the highest standard of facilities.
Addressing the occasion Chavan complimented hotel authorities for taking a brave step to move forward.
“I congratulate Mr. Oberoi, hotel staff and other people on this occasion today and hope that we all forget the past. Today we also remember the families who have lost their members but life should move on,” Chavan said.
The new hotel will now have 287 guest rooms. The suites have been increased to 73 from 22 including two presidential suites.
“I live in Mumbai…for a couple of years, so, we used to come here quite frequently before 26/11. And today…we thought it would be nice to come back and support the hotel, we had lunch here,” said Peter, a visitor.
Ten gunmen landed on Mumbai shores by boats at sunset on November 26, 2008, and fired indiscriminately at a busy railway station, the Chabad House, a restaurant and two luxury hotels.(ANI)
- Mumbai Trident-Oberoi Hotel to reopen on April 24 - Apr 22, 2010
- Sarkozy pays tribute to 26/11 martyrs - Dec 07, 2010
- Mumbai remembers, prays for 26/11 victims - Nov 26, 2010
- 26/11, a grim reminder of our perilous neighbourhood: Antony - Nov 26, 2010
- The Oberoi: A new chapter after 26/11 - Apr 21, 2010
- Chidambaram to pay homage to Mumbai terror attack victims - Nov 25, 2010
- 26/11: India still awaits Pakistan's decisive action (Roundup) - Nov 26, 2011
- Terror-hit hotels limp back to normal life (One Year after 26/11) - Nov 25, 2009
- Renovated Oberoi hotel finally reopens after 26/11 - Apr 24, 2010
- Mumbai Chabad House 'home' for Baby Moshe, say grandparents - Nov 24, 2010
- Barack Obama's weekend schedule in Mumbai - Nov 05, 2010
- Chidambaram pays tribute to 26/11 martyrs - Nov 26, 2010
- Kasab death sentence: Mumbai court to decide Feb 21 (Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- The day after the first anniversary of terror - a city moves on - Nov 27, 2009
- Mumbai bustles - but pauses - to remember 26/11 victims (Lead) - Nov 26, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,