Moderate quake of 5.2 Richter rocks Mindanao,PhilippinesJuly 11th, 2008 - 2:11 pm ICT by Bupha Ravirot
An earthquake measured 5.2 Richter rocks Mindanao,Philippines at Thursday, July 10, 2008 at 17:32:28 UTC (Friday, July 11, 2008 at 01:32:28 AM PHT)
Location of the earth quake was at 6.503°N, 124.607°E at a depth of 27.5 km. (17.1). The epicenter of the earth quake is 75 km NW from General Santos, Mindanao, 90 km SSE from Cotabato, Mindanao,130 km WSW from Davao, Mindanao, and 975 km SSE from MANILA, Philippines.
Mindanao is the second largest and easternmost island in the Philippines. It is also one of the three island groups in the country, along with Luzon and Visayas. Historically, the island was also known as Gran Molucas or Great Mollucas.
However, there is no reports of casualties and material losses of residents from Mindanao region.
- 31 injured in Philippines quake - Nov 08, 2011
- 7.3-magnitude quake hits Philippines - Jul 24, 2010
- Magnitude 6.0 quake shakes Philippines - Aug 25, 2008
- Quake hits Philippines - Oct 02, 2008
- Philippines Earthquake Leaves No One Injured And Dead - Jul 24, 2010
- Magnitude 6 quake hits Philippines, no losses reported - May 31, 2010
- Powerful earthquake strikes the Philippines, killing at least 7 - Feb 06, 2012
- Magnitude 5.3 shakes Mindoro, Philippines - Oct 14, 2008
- Australian man shot dead in Philippines - Nov 12, 2011
- Quake 5.1 Richter shank Luzon, Philippines - Aug 07, 2008
- Quake jolts Philippines - Dec 17, 2010
- Toll in Philippines tropical storm rises to 1,236 - Dec 25, 2011
- 11-year-old girl gives birth in the central Philippines - Nov 28, 2011
- Quake hits Philippines - Jul 29, 2010
- Moderate quake rocks Indonesia and Malaysia - Sep 29, 2008