Manipuris yearn for peace as bomb blast disappoints all in ImphalJune 23rd, 2009 - 10:13 pm ICT by ANI
Imphal, June 23 (ANI): Suspected militants triggered off a powerful bomb blast recently in Imphal west district injuring two persons.
Residents’ fear that there seems to be no end to mindless violence unleashed by militants in the State.
Two people were injured when a powerful bomb exploded at Imphal West district of Manipur on June 16. The bomb was attached to a two-wheeler and it took place in front of the 2nd Manipur Rifles battalion office at Pandon area in Imphal.
The Kangleipak Communist Party (Military Council) or KCP (MC) claimed responsibility for the blast.
“During the blast one woman was injured. She is hospitalized at JN hospital. Investigation is going on and the person who has committed the crime hasn’t been identified as yet,” said L. Chandramani Singh, Police inspector in Imphal West.
Police and security personnel arrived at the high security area soon after the blast and began frisking passers-by. (ANI)
- Blast in Imphal, one killed - Nov 30, 2011
- Bomb blast injures two in Manipur - Jun 16, 2009
- Blast on poll-eve creates panic in Manipur - Jan 27, 2012
- Two security personnel injured in Imphal blast - Sep 05, 2012
- Bomb blast in northeastern India kills 5 - Aug 01, 2011
- Manipur polls witness violence, five killed (Third Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
- Blast kills eight-year-old in Manipur - Mar 15, 2012
- Militants gun down man in Assam - Aug 13, 2011
- Voting peaceful in Manipur (Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
- Blast outside Manipur speaker's house, one killed (Second Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- One killed in Manipur blast (Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- Manipur ultra nabbed in West Bengal - Jun 12, 2012
- Four suspected militants arrested in Manipur - Feb 20, 2011
- Eight rebels surrender in Manipur - Apr 03, 2011
- Six killed in Manipur, poll turnout over 70 percent (Fourth Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
Tags: battalion, blast during, bomb blast, communist party, high security, june 23, kcp, manipur, military council, mindless violence, one woman, peace, police inspector, rifles, security area, security personnel, suspected militants, two persons, two wheeler