Manipur University executive engineer’s residence attacked by militantsMay 13th, 2009 - 7:09 pm ICT by ANI
Imphal, May 13 (ANI): Various social organizations in Manipur recently criticised the incident of bomb attack at the residence of an executive engineer of Manipur University.
Militants targeted residence of Shyamchandra, who is an Executive Engineer with Manipur University and advisor of Thongju Chigonglei Makhong Development Club (TCMDC) in Imphal.
The forceful debris coming out of the bomb caused injuries to Shyamchandra along with the publicity secretary of TCMDC Longjam Meghachandra.
“We had just finished our dinner and was were resting when the bomb blast occurred. There were some injuries in my body,” said Kharibam Shyamchandra, the Executive Engineer.
“We are facing lots of tension, because of such incidents. We are not able to concentrate in our studies. We are always in a fearful state. We want to appeal that such activities should not happen again,” said Engineer’s daughter in Imphal.
The incident triggered Local residence and Meira Paibis staged a sit-in protest condemning the brutal act and appealed the militants not to wage any attack in the locality considering the welfare of the people.
“Militants are continuously harassing the public and this has created fear among the people. We are suffering a lot. We cannot understand the intentions of the militants. They should come to a mutual understanding. Only then we can bring development to the state,” said Pishak, a local resident in Imphal
“We are protesting against frequent bomb and gun attacks by militants in our locality. It is our appeal that they should stop such activities which is causing great suffering among the people,” said Mema, a local resident.
Such protest in the state is a reflection of people’s fury against militant groups who have made life difficult for the people from Manipur. (ANI)
- Meira Paibis' link with militant outfits exposed - Oct 06, 2010
- 12th Meira Paibi Day observed in Imphal - May 31, 2010
- Unending violence instills fear among Manipuris - Feb 21, 2011
- Militants threat affecting telecom service of Manipur - Apr 03, 2011
- Manipuri's fed up with repeated bomb attacks - Mar 03, 2010
- People in Manipur question the purpose behind mindless violence - Mar 29, 2009
- Goods train bombed, bus attacked in Assam ahead of R-Day - Jan 25, 2011
- Blast on poll-eve creates panic in Manipur - Jan 27, 2012
- Rebels who parked bomb-laden car at Manipur Raj Bhavan arrested - Nov 27, 2009
- Four suspected militants arrested in Manipur - Feb 20, 2011
- Manipur scribes stop newspaper publications to protest threat to comrade - Jul 23, 2010
- Manipur voters fearful after series of blasts - Jan 23, 2012
- Manipur tired of militancy - May 05, 2009
- Manipur polls witness violence, five killed (Third Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
- Militancy related problems not yet over in Manipur - Mar 05, 2011
Tags: bomb attack, bomb blast, debris, executive engineer, fear, gun attacks, imphal, locality, manipur university, militant groups, mutual understanding, publicity secretary, reflection, sit in protest, social organizations, tension, university executive, welfare