Lauren Bush thinks Michelle Obama’s sense of style is greatSeptember 15th, 2010 - 5:28 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Sept 15 (ANI): Former first niece Lauren Bush has said that first lady Michelle Obama has great style.
She made the statement while attending the Carolina Herrera Spring 2011 fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at The Theater at Lincoln Center on September 13, 2010 in New York City.
“I think [her sense of style] is great, I think it’s wonderful that she’s supporting young designers I think thats very cool,” she said, according to Hollywoodlife.
The former cover model proclaimed her own style “more classic” but lauded the First Lady for taking chances on new designers.
Michelle Obama’s style picks have helped to vault several lesser-known designers to star status.
Bush, who has been voted ‘best dressed’ by Vanity Fair magazine, voiced her approval.
“I think each woman should wear what they feel comfortable in and what reflects their own personal style,” the New York Daily News quoted her as saying.
The first lady wore a red and black print dress by Thakoon Panichgul to the Democratic National Convention in 2008 and a white one-shouldered gown by Jason Wu for the Inaugural Balls.
She wore a bright red Prabal Gurung dress to the White House Correspondent’s dinner on May 2, 2010. (ANI)
- Michelle Obama says Ikram Goldman is still her top style advisor - Feb 10, 2011
- Biggest moment when Michelle wore my dress: Naeem Khan (Interview) - Nov 01, 2011
- Michelle Obama sends stocks, sweet potatoes soaring - in style (Profile) - Nov 04, 2010
- Michelle Obama dons Halston to celeb-studded White House Correspondents' Dinner - May 01, 2011
- US to witness more ethnic, class diversity in Michelle Obamas fashions - Jan 18, 2009
- Michelle Obama responds to McQueen dress row - Feb 01, 2011
- Michelle Obama is a practical dresser - Feb 12, 2011
- Michelle Obama wears $35 H&M dress on 'Today' show - Feb 11, 2011
- Gaga greets India with tricolour hairdo - Oct 28, 2011
- Wear Indian outfits, more colours: Designers urge Michelle - Nov 07, 2010
- Herrera sketches `very flirty' woman in new collection - Sep 11, 2012
- Dannii Minogue wants to design for Adele - Mar 27, 2012
- Bring Michelle Obama home with designer pillow covers! - Nov 04, 2010
- Kate Moss named best-dressed woman of decade - Nov 17, 2010
- Michelle Obama sports a $6,800 jacket - Jul 30, 2012
Tags: carolina herrera, democratic national convention, fashion show, inaugural balls, jason wu, lauren bush, lincoln center, mercedes benz, mercedes benz fashion week, michelle obama, new designers, new york daily news, niece lauren, personal style, prabal gurung, star status, taking chances, vanity fair, vanity fair magazine, white house correspondent