Indian Army repatriates run away woman from PoKSeptember 7th, 2010 - 8:24 pm ICT by ANI
Poonch (J-K), Sep.7 (ANI): Officials of the Indian Army in Kashmir handed over a run away woman from Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK to the Pakistan Army here on Monday after she crossed over to the Indian side.
Nazia Begum, a resident of Tetrinote village in PoK, had crossed the Makki post near the Line of Control (LoC) after fleeing from home.
On being questioned by the security personnel, Nazia revealed about her native place and said that she was a victim of wife-beating. She said she was running away from her husband’s daily torture.
“My husband used to beat me up. I ran away and continue to run. I crossed the canal and did not realise that I had crossed the border and from there I was caught.
When asked about the treatment she received from the Indian Army, Nazia said: “They gave me food to eat and treated me well.”
“They (Indian Army) gave me respect. Today, they gave me sweets and clothes for Eid. God shall bless the Indian Army. They give so much respect to their enemies also. God bless them,” said Nazia.
Officials of the Indian Army later released her from the Chakkandabad post and sent her back as a humanitarian gesture.
“We spoke to the headquarters and as a humanitarian gesture we released her because she has three young children. If she were trapped here, then it would have been a sad thing for her family. So we had a talk with the Pakistan Army, and at the army level, we released her at the Chakkandabad point, where the Pakistan army has taken her,” said Amit Nautiyal, Commanding Officer, 8 Kumaon regiment.
Crossing the Line of Control (LoC) is illegal and offenders can be imprisoned. (ANI)
- Youth 'kidnapped' by LeT returns to India from PoK - Jun 13, 2012
- Paharis moot meeting community in PoK for ST status drive - Sep 09, 2012
- India monitoring border developments for national security: Krishna - Apr 06, 2011
- Govt. monitoring situation along PoK, Krishna assures BJP - Apr 07, 2011
- Militant outfits regrouping in PoK to sneak into India: Local political leaders - May 15, 2010
- General V. K. Singh says infiltration attempts are on the rise across LoC - Oct 11, 2010
- From guns to gardening, Kashmir militant returns home - May 04, 2012
- Pakistan appreciated after Indian chopper returns safely - Oct 23, 2011
- Cross-LOC trade declining on Poonch route - Aug 27, 2012
- Major infiltration bid foiled, 12 Lashkar men killed (Lead) - Aug 20, 2011
- Pakistani soldier repatriated - Jul 13, 2012
- 100 guerrillas waiting to sneak into Kashmir: Army - Dec 19, 2011
- Hizbul Mujahideen militant says Kashmiris still receive training in PoK camps - May 12, 2010
- Omar for sustained Indo-Pak dialogue and 'J-K centric' CBMs - Apr 07, 2012
- General Kapoor expresses concern over increasing infiltration bids - Feb 19, 2010
Tags: clothes, commanding officer, crossing the line, eid, enemies, god, humanitarian gesture, indian army, kashmir, kumaon regiment, loc, nazia, pakistan army, pok, poonch, sad thing, sasan, security personnel, sweets, wife beating