India Voting Dot Com sets up edutainment portal to increase awareness about electionsMarch 26th, 2009 - 4:33 pm ICT by ANI
Hyderabad, Mar 26 (ANI): In view of the coming general elections, a media company has launched an edutainment portal on Indian politics to lure voters for the upcoming polls.
‘India Voting Dot Com’ is an Internet site developed by Insite Digital, which provides in-depth information to the users through attractive political cartoons, crosswords, games and quizzes.
The site also provides for social networking where the voters can discuss their political ideologies.
“India voting dot com has been created as an edutainment platform where we are educating and entertaining the masses. Owing to the delimitation of the constituencies that has happened this time, you’ve seen the number of urban constituencies go up from 60 to 100 plus. About 70 to 80 million youngsters will be getting eligible to vote this year. This will play a very significant role in impacting the outcome of the election. It is this audience that we seek to create a platform for,” said Ajay Sharma, Managing Director, Insite Digital.
The site aims at engaging the users in the election process through its own unique ways.
” We are trying to engage the user through quizzes, game shows etc. to get himto be involved in the whole business of politics. For example, in 2001 census,the most densely populated state in the country was Uttar Pradesh but post 2001 census it is West Bengal. Possibly not everybody would read up the census to understand what the changes which are happening. But the moment you look at various quiz shows, crosswords and games, a lot of these interesting facets would come to light.” said Amit Tripathi, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Insite Digital.
Tripathi feels that people would ask more questions from this site than they would have done otherwise. (ANI)
- Third phase of panchayat polls begins in Kashmir - Apr 21, 2011
- Voting booth details available on SMS in Kerala - Mar 29, 2011
- Voting picks up in UP after slow start (Second Lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- Goa BJP hits poll gear without main candidate - Jan 17, 2012
- Panchayat polls began in Kashmir - Apr 13, 2011
- Peaceful polling in UP, young Lucknow voters queue up (Third Lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- Brisk voting in fourth round of UP elections (Afternoon Lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- Tech-savvy Pak politicians increasingly using tweets to communicate with voters - Jan 15, 2011
- Reap the democratic dividend in Kashmir - Apr 30, 2011
- Punjab village ends up voting for wrong constituency - Feb 26, 2012
- Seven-language campaign to educate South Asian voters in US - Sep 10, 2012
- French presidential election starts (Lead) - Apr 22, 2012
- Tech savvy politicos bat for social media - Apr 21, 2011
- Over 60 percent turnout in UP second phase poll (Third Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Polling gets off to brisk start in UP's second phase (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
Tags: census, chief executive officer, constituencies, crosswords, delimitation, facets, games a lot, general elections, hyderabad, indian politics, insite, internet site, managing director, outcome of the election, political cartoons, political ideologies, quiz shows, social networking, west bengal, youngsters