How To Find Jobs Through Social Networking SitesOctober 18th, 2010 - 8:00 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Oct 18, (THAINDIAN NEWS) In today’s world of networking where people spend most of their leisure times socializing with people through social-networking sites, what better way to look for a job other than hunting for them in popular sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, to name a few. With the upsurge in the popularity of the social networking sites, it has become a valuable tool not only to stay in touch with your friends and interact with new people but also to hunt for the right job.
One of the popular micro-blogging site that provides just the right opportunity to job-seekers to hunt for the perfect job is Twitter through which they can interact one-on-one with the employers. The least that one needs to do to sign up to follow the tweets of the preferred recruiters to get first information whenever the company intends to hire new people. Twitter also enables its users to utilize tools such as Tweetdeck, which allows the job-seekers to look for specific topics related to the industry and when any users tweets on that topic, they immediately get a notification. If Twitter comes handy while searching for jobs, Facebook is not far behind as it can also be termed as a valuable job-hunting tool. A Google search with the terms Facebook and ‘job hunting’ or ‘career search’ might fetch you important links that would take to the posts on the social-networking site related to job openings, career options, among others.
However, one of the most sought after social networking site when it comes to looking out for jobs is LinkedIn as it is regarded as the top business networking website. The best way to get noticed in the job scenario with your LinkedIn profile is to create an up-to-date and professional looking profile.
- Twitter confirms it acquired TweetDeck, terms not disclosed - May 26, 2011
- Report: UberMedia to acquire TweetDeck for $30 million - Feb 14, 2011
- Bing to integrate social networking with search results - May 11, 2012
- Employees beware! Facebook, Twitter can harm your job prospects - Nov 14, 2010
- Now, follow your Facebook friends automatically from Twitter - Jun 24, 2010
- Twitter buys British app network TweetDeck - May 26, 2011
- Working with government to remove hateful content: Facebook - Aug 21, 2012
- YouGov poll reveals that Britons are bored of Social Media - Mar 06, 2012
- Cartoonist maps world of social networking - Oct 20, 2010
- Now, an iPad app that can predict what you want! - Apr 21, 2011
- Facebook users quitting site - Jun 14, 2011
- Google unveils social network to challenge Facebook - Jun 29, 2011
- Using too much Facebook and Twitter may cost you your job - Oct 10, 2010
- Cartoons To Be Facebook Profile Pictures Till December 6 - Dec 03, 2010
- Updates on social networking sites worth more than $30m a day - Apr 13, 2011
Tags: business networking, career options, facebook, gina gomez, google, google search, job hunting, job openings, job seekers, leisure times, linkedin, networking website, right job, social networking site, social networking sites, socializing with people, tweets, twitter, valuable tool, world of networking