Helicopter service to promote tourism in BhaderwahJune 7th, 2009 - 9:57 pm ICT by ANI
Bhaderwah (Jammu and Kashmir), June 7 (ANI): The Jammu and Kashmir Tourism Department has introduced helicopter services in the valley to ferry people to far flung spots, a step which is intended to draw the maximum number tourists here.
The availability of the helicopter facility has made far off places like the Bhaderwah Valley appear quite close by for all.
Surrounded by snow-clad mountains and coniferous forests, the picturesque valley is known for its pristine beauty and a pleasing weather.
After the commissioning of helicopters, it is likely that Bhaderwah will soon be featured on the national tourism map. It will also mark the near completion of the phase one of the infrastructure project planned in this region.
The state government has taken initiatives to develop this region as a major tourist destination by developing parks and allied hospitality services like accommodation and restaurants.
“The main objective of the project is to showcase the tradition, heritage and sartorial of Bhaderwah valley,” said Nawang Rigzin Jora, Minister of Tourism, Jammu and Kashmir.
Encouraging aspect of tourism promotion in this region is evident from tourists and tour operators registering themselves to avail the helicopter services in big numbers.
For those who wish to truly enjoy their stay here, makeshift tented accommodation has been arranged.
“I have come for the first time and I feel good to be here. If the arrangement here is permanent and more shops and restaurants are opened, it will look ideal to promote tourism,” said Ronnie, a tourist.
Kashmir has been among the top Asian tourism destinations, particularly for the honeymoon couples, nature lovers, skiers and trekkers.
In 2008, about 430,000 tourists including 23,000 foreigners visited Kashmir, states official figures. (ANI)
- Jammu and Kashmir to promote adventure tourism - May 28, 2011
- 'Record tourist arrival in Kashmir is peace dividend' - Mar 26, 2012
- Rock climbing wall inaugurated in Srinagar - Sep 05, 2012
- Record tourist arrival is peace dividend : Kashmir minister - Mar 27, 2012
- Motor rally to boost adventure tourism - Jun 25, 2010
- Gulmarg rated Asia's seventh best ski resort - Nov 26, 2010
- Heliskiing lures skiers in Jammu and Kashmir - Jan 22, 2011
- Bhaderwah, a favourite tourist destination - Jun 14, 2009
- 'Rich tourist infrastructure necessary for J-K tourism sector's development' - Apr 17, 2011
- Kashmir to host international ski championship in March - Feb 24, 2009
- Annual Amarnath yatra begins (Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- Preparations begin for Amarnath pilgrimage - Mar 21, 2012
- India holds road shows in Saudi Arabia to attract tourists - Jan 13, 2012
- 15,000 pilgrims start this year's Amarnath Yatra (Lead) - Jul 01, 2010
- N N Vohra pays obeisance at Amarnath shrine - Jul 01, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,