Headless Horseman Gets Ready For The HalloweenOctober 18th, 2010 - 8:14 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Oct 18, (THAINDIAN NEWS) For all those who have been waiting for the fall season, and wondering what exciting could be done in this Halloween, here is one solution. You may attend the famous Headless Horseman event in Ulster Park, New York, just 12 miles from the Marist campus.
This is an annual event hosted by a branch of the Student Government Association (SGA) and the Student Life Council on behalf of the Marist students. This organization has organized several intriguing events for the day which include the mile long hayride, five haunted houses namely, Glutton’s Slaughterhouse, Escape of Prisoner X, and Flesh They Crave: The Feeding, to name a few. It also has a dreadful labyrinth like corn maze that has a dark harvest attraction. The students said that these haunted sets have been organized with the help of established set designers, actors, make- up artist and lightman, so that every person can get a share of the scariest thrill possible.
A sophomore says that the “The Escape of Prisoner X,” may actually be a fake replica of a haunted place, but it has been designed with such realism and conviction, that it can actually scare the person to the core. They say that the blood that lies here and there looks real and so does the sudden jerky and scary movements of the actors. However, Michael Jubie, the owner of Headless Horseman says that it is a scary place, meant solely for adult entertainment and not recommended to the children.
The Headless Horseman ride is known as the No.1 hay ride in America, by American Airlines Magazine, and No.1 haunted attraction in the country, as named by Haunt World magazine. The tickets for this event will be available for $10, in Jazzman’s cafe from 7 to 9 p.m. on Oct 20.
- Guillermo del Toro to direct new 'Haunted Mansion' - Jul 24, 2010
- Allison-Yash experiment works; '?' scares to the core (IANS Movie Review) - Feb 17, 2012
- Lightman Of ‘Laagi Tujhse Lagan’ Suffers Fatal Fall - Dec 24, 2010
- Guillermo del Toro to direct 'Haunted Mansion' in the 3D version - Jul 26, 2010
- Joyride for special kids on Childrens' Day - Nov 14, 2011
- A tale of survival in a North Korean jail (IANS Books) - May 09, 2012
- Russian prisoner flees on hijacked chopper - Mar 23, 2012
- What makes the Ultimate Horror Movie? - Oct 29, 2010
- 'The Way Back' - an impossible trek turned into a cinematic triumph (IANS Movie Review) - Mar 04, 2011
- Mexican prison's security chief gunned down - Jul 30, 2012
- Weather plays spoilsport for tandem chair balloon - Jul 16, 2012
- Drogba to run in Olympic torch relay - May 23, 2012
- Mexico plans to build eight prisons - Feb 23, 2012
- With 'Haunted', audiences queue up to get terrorised again - May 17, 2011
- Over 470 inmates escape from Afghanistan prison - Apr 25, 2011
Tags: adult entertainment, american airlines, corn maze, dark harvest, five haunted houses, haunt world magazine, hay ride, headless horseman, intriguing events, labyrinth, marist students, meena, realism, s cafe, scary place, set designers, sga, student government association, ulster park new york, waiting for the fall