Hamilton for scrapping his 100 m pound McLaren carJune 7th, 2009 - 3:26 pm ICT by ANI
Istanbul, June 7(ANI): British Formula One racing driver has said ahead of the Turkish Grand Prix that the 100 million pound McLaren car should have been scrapped ages ago.
This follows after the McLaren team had another horrific qualifying session at Turkey.
“Welcome to my world. We probably should have scrapped this car a long time ago. It is too late now. But I don’t think we should rush any upgrades. It’s better that we take our time to refine it. It’s not like we can claw back 60 points. We will bounce back next year,” The Sun quoted Hamilton, as saying.
The defending world champion bombed out in the first qualifying session and will line up in a lowly 16th spot for Sunday’s race.
Hamilton struggled right from the start of qualifying and missed out on the second session by a massive 0.4sec.
“The car just got slower and slower as the track has got hotter. If we scrapped it, it would have been a waste of money and hard work from all the guys,” Hamilton said.
Former team chief Eddie Jordan also criticised the design of the silver machine.
“The car is quite simply hopeless. Possibly the worst McLaren have ever designed,” said Jordan. (ANI)
- Nicole back in McLaren paddock - Mar 17, 2012
- Vettel edges Hamilton for Malaysian Grand Prix pole - Apr 09, 2011
- Button fastest in rain-hit German Grand Prix first practice - Jul 20, 2012
- Hamilton takes maiden pole in Korea; di Resta, Sutil 9th and 10th - Oct 15, 2011
- Red Bull's Webber claims Turkish GP pole - May 29, 2010
- Lewis Hamilton to zoom in Bangalore Sept 27 - Sep 18, 2011
- Hamilton's title write-off just before start of F1 season - Mar 10, 2011
- Hamilton eyes victories in Abu Dhabi, Brazil - Nov 06, 2011
- Hamilton bags pole in Australia - Mar 17, 2012
- Monaco GP: Webber on pole, Hulkenberg miss top-10 - May 26, 2012
- Belgian Grand Prix: Force India disappoint, Vettel secures pole - Aug 27, 2011
- Vettel takes pole in Japan, Force India to start from sixth row - Oct 08, 2011
- Hamilton quickest in Malaysia GP practice sessions - Apr 02, 2010
- Vettel tops Webber as Red Bull rules European GP qualifying - Jun 26, 2010
- Force India's Sutil and Di Resta 8th and 12th at the German GP qualifying (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
Tags: 100 million, eddie jordan, former team, formula one racing, grand prix, istanbul, long time, mclaren team, second session, silver machine, sun, team chief, turkey, waste of money, world champion