Furtados opens a music store in NagalandSeptember 15th, 2009 - 8:50 pm ICT by ANI
By Vibou GangulyDimapur (Nagaland), Sep.15 (ANI): Music is an integral part of life in Nagaland, especially of the Naga youth. The recent opening up of a famous music store in the State has delighted music lovers here.
The opening of a leading musical instrument retailer and distributor ‘Furtados’ in Dimapur has come as a blessing for the people of Nagaland.
The music store in Dimapur is an initiative of renowned Naga musicians, the Dsuzu sisters.
The store in Dimapur would impart training in music besides selling world-class musical instruments.
“This is our effort, our initiative to promote young musicians of the future and make sure they are heard all across the country,” said Phillip Gomez, Director, Furtados, India.
“It is so encouraging and it also speaks of the dynamism and the motioning of which music is taking over the history of the State. A lot of the energy, potentials of the youth today express through music. It speaks a lot about the things to come. Music definitely, build up in this manner, speaks very good omen for the future because music can produce and give us only the best,” said Alemtemshi Jamir, Additional Chief Secretary and Development Commissioner, Nagaland Government.
The Nagaland Government in the State is also taking several measures to promote music and artists in the state.
Furtados is a chain of music store spread across the country. (ANI)
- Nagaland makes industry out of its music - Aug 28, 2012
- Music takes center stage in Nagaland as militant activities drop - Apr 12, 2010
- Chumpo Museum set up to showcase tribal culture of Nagaland - Dec 01, 2010
- A septuagenarian popularising Hindi in Nagaland - May 28, 2010
- Nagaland donates Rs.1 mn to flood-hit Thailand - Nov 17, 2011
- Spreading AIDS awareness through music - Oct 15, 2011
- Alemla Jamir, an aspiring model from Nagaland - Dec 13, 2010
- Nagaland returning to normalcy - Sep 03, 2012
- Peace vital for development of Nagaland: Rahul - Nov 09, 2011
- Nagaland team arrives for talks with Manipur CM, Congress leaders - May 26, 2010
- Nagaland government appeals for calling off blockade - Aug 21, 2012
- Ethnic folk music finding echoes in capital - Aug 11, 2011
- Tourists throng annual 'Hornbill Festival' in Nagaland - Dec 20, 2010
- Five-time Nagaland chief minister loses by-poll - May 13, 2011
- Britain's Prince Andrew to visit Kohima May 1 - Apr 25, 2012
Tags: chief secretary, development commissioner, dimapur, dynamism, famous music, gomez, good omen, India, initiative, measures, music lovers, music store, musical instrument retailer, musical instruments, nagaland, young musicians, youth today