Fresh snowfall in Himachal Pradesh lures touristsFebruary 6th, 2011 - 7:36 pm ICT by ANI
Shimla, Feb 6(ANI): Scores of tourists thronged Himachal Pradesh’s high altitude regions on Sunday to witness the fresh snowfall.
The high altitude regions of Kullu, Lahaul Spiti, Kinnaur and Shimla received normal to heavy snowfall today.
The major tourist spots of the state including Rohtang Pass, Maddi, Gulaba and Solang Nala were found snow covered, making a wonderful sight for the tourists to cherish upon.
“I feel it is just a very beautiful place and the snow is very nice. I think it is like heaven and I am enjoying here with my wife,” said Kausank, a tourist.
The world famous ski slops of Solang Valley were covered with one feet of snow, delighting the skiers.
“I am coming from Kapirvanj in Gujarat. I am feeling marvellous and amazing atmosphere here,” said Komal, another tourist.
Skiing, snowboarding, sledging, horse riding, snow biking, and paragliding are some of the activities tourists have been indulging in here.
The snowfall has also brought cheer to the local hoteliers, who expect an encouraging turnout of tourists over the next couple of weeks. (ANI)
- Fresh snowfall in Manali lures tourists - Jan 19, 2011
- Himachal's snowy slopes invite skiers (With Image) - Jan 11, 2012
- Snowfall lures tourists in Manali - Jan 06, 2011
- Snow-clad slopes make Manali a skiers' paradise - Feb 23, 2011
- Snowfall delights tourists in Manali - Feb 16, 2011
- Fresh snowfall engulfs Manali, tourists rejoice - Feb 13, 2011
- Himachal's snowy peaks pull in tourists - Dec 12, 2011
- Foreign skiers crowd Manali slopes - Feb 06, 2012
- Snow-clad mountains luring tourists to Himachal - Nov 19, 2010
- Take out your ski boots, snow-clad Himachal slopes are here! - Jan 09, 2011
- Still snowing tourists in Himachal hills - Mar 25, 2011
- Shimla, Manali get more snowfall (Lead) - Feb 26, 2011
- It's snowing Valentine's fun in Himachal - Feb 13, 2012
- Tourists flock Himachal Pradesh's Solang Nala to see snowfall - Nov 11, 2009
- Solang has great snow, but lacks professional touch: Skiers - Feb 29, 2012