Foreign Secretary Menon to visit NepalJune 20th, 2009 - 1:57 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi June 19(ANI): Foreign Secretary Shivshankar Menon is visiting to Nepal for a two-day visit from today.
Strengthening relations between India and Nepal will be the top on the agenda of this visit.
Indian Foreign Secretary will be meeting President Ram Baran Yadav, Vice President Parmananda Jha, the Prime Minister, Foreign Minister Sujata Koirala Home Minister Bhim Bahadur Rawal, and his Nepalese conterpart Gyanachanda Acharya.
The issues including power, trade, border dispute, and issues related to the SAARC meet, which is to be held in Bhutan in 2010, are believed to be raised by Menon with Nepalese leadership.
Menon is expected to discuss the visit of the Nepalese Premier Madhav Kumar Nepal to India next month with his Nepalese counterpart.
Nepal’s Foreign Minister Sujata Koirala said the coalition government led by CPN-UML, is working to give a logical end to the peace process with the cooperation form India.
Koirala added Nepal government wants to strengthen bilateral relations with neighbouring countries, especially India.
The CPN-UML, which has come to power heading a 22-party coalition after the resignation of the then Prime Minster and Maoist leader Prachanda, is struggling to consolidate its alliance and is facing difficulties in taking the Maoists on board. (ANI)
- Chinese team in Nepal for talks to resolve political impasse - Sep 12, 2010
- Conflict between parties delaying Nepal's cabinet expansion: Experts - Feb 14, 2011
- Krishna to visit Nepal for three days - Jan 14, 2010
- Krishna leaves for Nepal Friday, 5 pacts on the way (Lead) - Jan 14, 2010
- India committed to making a democratic, stable Nepal: Nirupama Rao - Jan 18, 2011
- Krishna to leave for Nepal Friday - Jan 14, 2010
- Winds of change greet Shivshankar Menon in Nepal - Jun 20, 2009
- India expresses concern over training to Indian Naxalites in Nepal - Nov 07, 2010
- India asks Nepal about clandestine Maoist training - Nov 06, 2010
- Maoist-led govt acceptable in Nepal if past pacts implemented: UML - Jul 02, 2010
- Ahead of Nepal PM's visit, Menon goes to Kathmandu Saturday - Jun 18, 2009
- India recalls Koirala's immense contribution to ties - Mar 20, 2010
- Chinese premier meets Nepal president, PM (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- Nepal PM's visit to India a milestone, says Minister - Aug 21, 2009
- Indian foreign secretary's Nepal visit ends - Jan 20, 2011
Tags: bhim, bilateral relations, border dispute, coalition government, counterpart, foreign minister, home minister, madhav, maoist, maoists, neighbouring countries, nepal government, party coalition, peace process, prachanda, prime minster, rawal, resignation, sujata koirala, uml