Dzeko’s Man City deal is held up due to visa snagJanuary 7th, 2011 - 5:11 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan.7 (ANI): Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko will have to wait to complete his 27-million-pound move to Manchester City after visa problems left him stranded at Heathrow.
City wanted the deal done by noon Friday so that he could face Leicester in Sunday’s FA Cup tie.
Dzeko, however, did not have the correct visa when he flew in to Britain for a medical on Wednesday.
Dzeko, 24, was eventually allowed in into the country for a short time and had his medical in Watford.
But he had to scrap plans to watch City’s game at Arsenal and travel back to Manchester with the team. Instead he was told he needed to fly back to Germany to get his visa problems sorted out.
It is now unlikely he will be able to return today, sign and be registered at the FA before the noon deadline.
And the UK Borders Agency website even says a visa can take up to 28 working days to obtain. That could delay the deal until after the transfer window shuts on January 31. (ANI)
- Manchester City agrees to pay 27 million pounds for Dzeko - Jan 03, 2011
- Mourinho eyes Man City striker Manu on loan - Jan 04, 2011
- Man City told to offer 38 m pounds for Bosnian striker Dzeko - Dec 23, 2010
- Man City set to sign Edin Dzeko for 34 million pounds - Dec 30, 2010
- Wenger eyes Wolfsburg striker Dzeko to save Arsenal's season - Dec 03, 2009
- Get me Nasri and Aguero, says Mancini - Jul 16, 2011
- Real Madrid close to selling Drenthe to Benfica - Aug 21, 2010
- City agree fee for defender Kolarov - Jul 16, 2010
- Man City heading for Champions League - Apr 26, 2011
- Man City ready to get Torres at right price - Jul 26, 2010
- 'Exhausted' Tevez needs a break to get back to his best: Mancini - Mar 17, 2011
- Manchester City wins league title in thrilling fashion - May 14, 2012
- Manchester City's Adebayor looks set for Tottenham Hotspur switch - Nov 30, 2010
- Aguero dreams of winning more EPL titles for Man City - May 10, 2012
- Balotelli needs to change attitude: Mancini - Apr 14, 2012