‘Dedicated’ Hernandez has exceeded Man U expectations: FergusonApril 24th, 2011 - 7:25 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 24(ANI): Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has said that striker Javier Hernandez was never meant to be so crucial to his team’s silverware hopes this season.
Hernandez has scored 19 goals following his six million pound switch from Guadalajara and surpassed all expectations.
“We didn’t expect that. We thought a year of introducing him to the club and adapting to English football and strengthening him up,” the Sun quoted Ferguson, as saying.
“He’s done all those things already. He comes in every day at nine and he’s the last to leave, this boy is very dedicated,” he added.
The Scot further said that his side would beat Chelsea and Arsenal to take the Premier League title in style.
“The thing that puzzles me is they keep saying Arsenal and Chelsea have got to play us still, like we’re going to lose them - why shouldn’t we win those games? As I said to the players, forget all that nonsense. Just try to win your games and you’ll be all right, keep your heads and don’t get carried away,” Ferguson said.
“There are only four games left and the way they are going about their business gives them an outstanding chance of success,” he added. (ANI)
- Not worried about Arsenal, Chelsea, now we feel like champions: Fergie - Apr 24, 2011
- Fergie not to play Rooney against Schalke in order to destroy Chelsea - May 04, 2011
- 'Good substitutions' changed the game against West Ham United: Rooney - Apr 03, 2011
- Man U can win Premier League crown back from Chelsea: Ferguson - Aug 09, 2010
- Ferguson furious as Chelsea's Luiz escapes red card for Rooney foul - Mar 02, 2011
- Chelsea posses best attack of Premier League: Ancelotti - Apr 02, 2011
- Fergie writes off Chelsea's Premier League title challenge - Feb 26, 2011
- Fergie praises Giggs for shattering Chelsea's Champions League dreams - Apr 13, 2011
- Man U striker Hernandez sidelined with ankle injury - Dec 04, 2011
- City will be a thorn in our flesh: Ferguson - Jul 19, 2011
- Champions League: Fergie knows his Man U stars are unbeatable - Feb 24, 2011
- Fergie declares 'Little Pea' Hernandez a Man U star - Sep 30, 2010
- 'Bad' game against Liverpool has left Man U in fight with Arsenal for Premier Legaue - Mar 10, 2011
- Villas-Boas vows to guide Chelsea to Champions League triumph - Jul 20, 2011
- Rooney warns 'bring on Barcelona' - Mar 16, 2011
Tags: alex ferguson, arsenal, chelsea, english football, four games, guadalajara, javier hernandez, london, manchester united, nonsense, premier league, puzzles, scot, silverware, sir alex ferguson, sun