Colourful flower show draws many to ChennaiMay 8th, 2009 - 12:06 pm ICT by ANI
By Jai Kumar
Chennai, May 8 (ANI): A flower show featuring a wide variety of flowers, arranged in vases and various designs, was organised in Chennai.
Called as ‘Chennai Flower Show,’ the show opened at Young Men Christian Organisation (YMCA) Grounds in Royapettah on Friday and will continue for ten days.
More than 1000 varieties of flowers are on display at the show. The show featured both indigenous and imported varieties of flowers such as roses, carnations, tulips, lilies and many more.
Tulips were specially imported for the show.
The people were excited as such shows are mostly organised in hill stations and this was a novel experience for them.
“It is a wonderful experience coming here. We have never seen something like this earlier. If we go to Ooty or any other hill station, we get to see natural flowers. But here everything is put together,” said Roshana, a visitor at the show.
The special attraction at the show was the replica of the Taj Mahal created with 3000 roses of various colours.
“This the first time a flower show has been organised in Chennai. We have also displayed a dinosaur made out of on 1600 carnations, which are available only in Ooty. Apart from that, cup and saucer, panda bear, all made of vegetables are also on display. All the flowers used are natural and not artificial flowers,” said Nelliyappan, the organiser of the show.
The show is seen as a platform for floriculturists and prospective customers from parts of the state and outside. (ANI)
- Floral replicas of Taj, pyramids attracting visitors to Chennai flower show - Dec 28, 2009
- Flower exhibition in Chennai wows visitors - May 09, 2010
- Valentine's Day windfall for Himachal farmers - Feb 13, 2010
- Roses and carnations from Himachal for Games - Jul 16, 2010
- Flower show with a touch of florists' entrepreneurship lures visitors in Agartala - Jan 23, 2011
- CWG nips Himachal florists' fortunes in bud - Oct 23, 2010
- Ooty's flower show 'a hit' among tourists - May 23, 2009
- Peace is the message - 400,000 flowers the medium - Jan 19, 2012
- Himachal wants to start lilium cultivation - Sep 26, 2010
- Flower on Cupid's bow comes from Himachal - Feb 13, 2009
- Tamil meet to go ahead Sunday: Karunanidhi - Aug 12, 2012
- Colourful flowers lure visitors to Bangalore flower show - Aug 08, 2010
- Floriculture makes Tripura youth a significant contributor to economy - Mar 01, 2011
- Award-winning flower-grower gives new dimension to floriculture in Jharkhand - Feb 12, 2011
- Commonwelath Games give boost to flower business in Himachal Pradesh - Oct 03, 2010
Tags: artificial flowers, christian organisation, colours, dinosaur, flower show, jai, lilies, natural flowers, novel experience, panda, panda bear, prospective customers, roses, taj mahal, tulips, varieties of flowers, vases, vegetables, ymca, young men