Children celebrate advent of Christmas in KolkataDecember 20th, 2010 - 5:55 pm ICT by ANI
By Sankha Ghosh
Kolkata, Dec.20 (ANI): Children celebrated the advent of Christmas by singing carols and various colourful events to spread the message of love and peace here during the weekend.
Children gave various performances such as a magic show, puppet show, songs and games.
Ruth Crizzte, the organiser, said the event was meant only for children but their parents came along, as well.
“It is basically children-oriented show, only for children. The purpose of Christmas is that Jesus is born on Christmas day and Santa Claus brings toys for children. So, we organized it only for children and their parents also came and enjoyed, because they want their children to see that their children are happy and enjoying themselves, and that is why we bring this event forward, one week before Christmas,” she said.
The children enthusiastically participated in the event.
“I have come here because ahead of Christmas, they are having this Christmas celebration and I came here to attend this event and I had a lot of fun and lot of happiness is there. I chatted with Santa, I saw the magic show, puppet show and it was very lovely and enjoyable,” said Akhil Ansar, a boy.
Christmas will be celebrated across the world on December 25. (ANI)
- Coimbatore students celebrate arrival of Christmas to spread communal amity - Dec 23, 2010
- Wining, dining and a lot more on X-mas (With Images) - Dec 21, 2011
- Letters to Santa Claus with love from India - Jul 17, 2012
- Christmas carols, cakes and gifts, it's merrymaking in Delhi! - Dec 25, 2010
- Guwahati hosts Christmas cake festival - Dec 22, 2010
- 'Arthur Christmas' - Rekindles Christmas spirit (IANS Movie Review) - Jan 14, 2012
- Joyful Christmas with gifts, prayers in Mumbai - Dec 25, 2011
- Kids in Greece ask Santa for jobs for parents - Dec 24, 2011
- Spreading childhood cancer awareness on bicycles - Mar 24, 2012
- Christmas charity spreads happiness amongst underprivileged children - Dec 20, 2009
- Bollywood stars wish fans happiness, peace this Christmas - Dec 25, 2010
- Christmas cheer spreads from Rashtrapati Bhavan - Dec 23, 2009
- Christmas celebrated with fervour in Meghalaya - Dec 25, 2011
- Virtual Santa comes to visit sick kids - Dec 23, 2010
- Mumbai celebrates Christmas with enthusiasm - Dec 25, 2010
Tags: advent, christmas, christmas celebration, christmas day, ghosh, happiness, jesus, kolkata, love, magic show, parents, peace, puppet show, purpose of christmas, santa claus, songs and games, toys, week before christmas