CBI submits investigation report on Tytler’s involvement in 1984 anti-Sikh riotsMarch 28th, 2009 - 6:32 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 28 (ANI): The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Saturday submitted its final investigation report on the former Union Minister Jagdish Tytler’s involvement in the 1984 anti-Sikh riots case.
The CBI has filed the report in a sealed envelope before Metropolitan Magistrate Ram Lal Meena. The court would consider the report on April 2.
However, according to sources, Congress leader Tytler, who has been fielded by his party from the Delhi’s northeast constituency for the coming General Elections, is likely to get a clean chit in the case.
The CBI is reported to have said that there is no evidence against Tytler, sources said
Tytler was among the three prominent leaders named in the reports on anti-Sikh riots. Two other leaders named were Sajjan Kumar and the late HKL Bhagat.
The 1984 Anti-Sikh riots, which claimed the lives of almost 3000 Sikhs, were triggered by the assasination of Indira Gandhi on October 31, 1984 by two of her Sikh bodygaurds. (ANI)
- Tytler given clean chit in 1984 anti-Sikh riots case - Apr 27, 2010
- Sikhs demand death sentence for Sajjan Kumar, Jagdish Tytler - May 05, 2010
- 1984 anti-Sikh riots: CBI seeks dismissal of case against Tytler - Jul 24, 2010
- Delhi court to consider CBI's report on Tytler's involvement in 1984 anti-Sikh riots - Apr 02, 2009
- Delhi court to decide Jagdish Tytler's fate today - Apr 09, 2009
- Jagdish Tytler gets clean chit in 1984 anti-Sikh riots case - Apr 02, 2009
- I will react only after court's judgement: Tytler - Apr 09, 2009
- Court adjourns verdict on Tytler till April 28 - Apr 09, 2009
- Don't close riots case probe against Tytler, court told (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- Sajjan claims right to confront witness with proof - May 23, 2012
- CBI files final report in anti-Sikh riots case against Tytler (Lead) - Mar 28, 2009
- Police recorded 1984 witnesses' statements in unfair manner: CBI - Apr 09, 2012
- CBI gives Tytler clean chit in 1984 riots case, Sikhs protest (Lead) - Apr 02, 2009
- Court likely to decide Tytler's fate Thursday - Apr 08, 2009
- Rajya Sabha adjourned over Tytler acquittal - Apr 29, 2010
Tags: anti sikh riots, assasination, cbi, central bureau of investigation, clean chit, congress leader, constituency, general elections, hkl bhagat, indira gandhi, investigation report, jagdish tytler, lal, magistrate, New Delhi, october 31, sikhs, union minister