Both breasts removed Christina Applegate told Good Morning AmericaAugust 20th, 2008 - 7:20 pm ICT by Bupha Ravirot
Due to the diagnosis of breast cancer found, American actor Christina Applegate 36, underwent a double mastectomy 3 weeks ago.
“Good Morning America” interviewed Applegate, the star of ‘The Samantha Who ?’ publicly for the first time this morning about the operation. She said it was a tough decision.
“I didn’t want to go back to the doctors every four months for testing and squishing and everything,” she said of the double mastectomy, Us magazine reports.
“I just wanted to kind of get rid of this whole thing for me. This was the choice that I made and it was a tough one.
“My decision, after looking at all the treatment plans that were possibilities for me, the only one that seemed the most logical and the one that was going to work for me was to have a bilateral mastectomy.”
She also said what makes her deciding to have the double mastectomy was that it was very hard for her to see her mother battle breast cancer a number of times over the years.
Christina Applegate would undergo reconstructive surgery over the next eight months.
Finally, Applegate said she is now completely clear of cancer and joked that after the reconstruction surgery she will have “cute boobs ’til I’m 90″.
- Christina Applegate pregnant with first child - Jul 22, 2010
- Daughter made me more comfortable with my chest: Christina Applegate - Feb 23, 2011
- Christina Applegate calls double mastectomy a tough choice - Aug 20, 2008
- Martyn Lenoble And Christina Applegate To Welcome Their First Child - Jul 22, 2010
- Celebrity Giuliana Rancic praises singer Kelly Osbourne - Jan 01, 2012
- Martyn Lenoble Engaged To Actress Christina Applegate - Apr 17, 2010
- Christina Applegate engaged to rocker boyfriend Martyn LeNoble - Apr 18, 2010
- Ex Miss Venezuela's book on her breast cancer battle breaks taboos - Feb 22, 2011
- Christina Applegate says daughter healed her after breast cancer battle - Feb 17, 2011
- Cancer survivor Christina Applegate misses her old breasts - Sep 17, 2009
- Breast reconstruction helps women regain sexual wellness - Oct 24, 2011
- Ellen DeGeneres: Wanda Sykes Reveals Breast Cancer - Sep 27, 2011
- Christina Applegate can't feel her reconstructed boobs - Apr 30, 2009
- Christina Applegate ashamed of smoking 'slip up' - Apr 30, 2009
- Christina Applegate engaged - Apr 17, 2010