BJP defends RSS leader Indresh in 2007 Ajmer blast caseOctober 23rd, 2010 - 8:58 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct. 23 (ANI): Defending Rashtriya Swayamsewak Santh leader Indresh Kumar, whose name has allegedly figured in the Ajmer blast chargesheet, Bharatiya Janata Party on Saturday claimed that there was nothing “substantial or credible” against him in the chargesheet.
The party rather accused the government of targeting nationalist organisations while keeping quite on Kashmiri separatists.
“According to our information Indresh Kumar has not been named as an accused in the chargesheet. There is nothing substantial
or credible against him… No organisation has been named. How can anyone say that BJP or RSS is involved or that this is
saffron terror,” BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.
Sitharaman, however, maintained that Kumar would defend himself “as a citizen” in court while RSS was “more equipped to talk”
about its members figuring in the chargesheet.
Reacting to the Congress allegations of RSS involvement in Ajmer blast conspiracy, the BJP spokesperson said, “Whoever has
made these comments has not read the chargesheet. RSS has not been named in the chargesheet. Every time there is a disaster
anywhere in the country, Sangh people go there immediately.”
“Congress says such things for political mileage… This is a political conspiracy against nationalist organisations working
for the nation. This shows their political frustration,” she added.
Sitharaman also said that the term saffron terror was brought in the political domain by “our honourable Home Minister P
Meanwhile, while recalling the incident here on Thursday in which Kashmiri separatists and naxal sympathisers raised
pro-azadi slogans and showed disrespect to the national flag, Sitharaman said while the government had not yet taken action
against them, it was targetting nationalist organistions which were involved in nation-building. (ANI)
- Ajmer blast case: RSS leaders meet to discuss charges on Indresh Kumar - Oct 29, 2010
- BJP leader Gadkari defends Ajmer blast accused Indresh Kumar - Oct 25, 2010
- It's political conspiracy against me and RSS, says Indresh Kumar - Oct 31, 2010
- RSS leader Indresh Kumar questioned for Mecca Masjid blast - Dec 23, 2010
- Rajasthan ATS files 806-page chargesheet in 2007 Ajmer blast case - Oct 23, 2010
- RSS activities should be monitored, says Congress - Oct 27, 2010
- RSS holds nationwide protests against Hindu terror tag - Nov 10, 2010
- Senior RSS leader named suspect in Ajmer blast case, denies charge (Lead) - Oct 23, 2010
- RSS leader involved in Ajmer blast conspiracy: Police - Oct 23, 2010
- RSS seeks anti-conversion bill in Jharkhand - Nov 07, 2010
- Ajmer blast case: Indresh Kumar is innocent, says Baba Ramdev - Nov 01, 2010
- RSS to stage nationwide protest rallies Wednesday - Nov 07, 2010
- RSS activists protest against Centre's terror outfits' remarks - Nov 10, 2010
- Activists being implicated in terror cases, claims RSS - Nov 10, 2010
- Bomb for bomb - Aseemanand confesses bombings to target Muslims (Lead) - Jan 07, 2011
Tags: ajmer, allegations, citizen, disrespect, frustration, home minister, janata party, mileage, national flag, naxal, New Delhi, organisations, p chidambaram, political conspiracy, political domain, political mileage, saffron, separatists, slogans, spokesperson