Amarnath pilgrims worship Holy Mace in SrinagarAugust 19th, 2010 - 8:01 pm ICT by ANI
By Bilal Bhat
Srinagar, Aug 19 (ANI): Amarnath pilgrims in Jammu and
Kashmir prayed before ‘Charri Mubarak’ (the Holy Mace of Lord Shiva) at the
Shanakaracharya Temple here on Thursday.
Mahant Deependra Giri, the head priest of the Shankaracharya
Temple, performed the rituals amidst chanting of Vedic hymns.
“Today is 19th the day of ‘Dashmi’ and on 21st the second
day will rest in Chandanwadi and after that on the third day, early morning we
will move from Chandanwadi and then will rest in Sheshnag and the fourth day we
will stay at Panchtarni and ‘Chadi Mumbark’ will be taken to the cave on
‘Sharavan Purinam’ which is on August 24 and will pray there,” said Mahant
Giri said prayers would be performed for peace and
brotherhood in Kashmir during the Muslim holy month.
“This is very good thing that this month is of Ramzan and we
are starting the yatra and though the
situation in the region is not good, we will pray to god, looking the current
situation of the region, we will perform special prayers,” said Giri.
The annual pilgrimage that started in June will come to an
end on the full moon day in the third week of August, when the main rituals
will be held inside the cave shrine.
After this, the rituals at Amarnath, the ‘Chhari Mubarak’
will be brought back to the Shanakracharya Temple where it will remain till the
pilgrimage next year. (ANI)
- Pilgrims carry Chari Mubarak to Amarnath shrine - Aug 15, 2010
- Hindus bound for Amaranth cave perform Chadi Pooja - Jul 22, 2009
- Last leg of Amarnath yatra - chhari mubarak leaves Srinagar - Aug 08, 2011
- Annual Amarnath Yatra ends peacefully - Aug 02, 2012
- Sri Amarnath Yatra concludes peacefully - Aug 05, 2009
- Amarnath Yatra ends peacefully - Aug 13, 2011
- BSNL offers mobile coverage to Amarnath pilgrims (Lead) - Jun 23, 2011
- Amarnath shrine had 400,000 pilgrims this year - Aug 04, 2009
- Shiva's mace procession begins in Himachal - Aug 29, 2011
- Amarnath pilgrimage: First prayers offered, but not at shrine - Jun 15, 2011
- BSNL offers mobile coverage to Amarnath pilgrims - Jun 23, 2011
- Manimahesh pilgrimage begins in Himachal - Aug 22, 2011
- Annual Amarnath yatra to conclude today - Aug 05, 2009
- First Amarnath prayers offered, not at shrine (Lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- 'Amarnath yatra duration as per religious tradition' - Apr 15, 2012
Tags: amarnath pilgrims, bhat, chadi, full moon day, giri giri, head priest, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, lord shiva, mace, mahant, mubarak, muslim holy, pilgrimage, ramzan, rituals, shankaracharya, sheshnag, vedic hymns, yatra