All female Arkansas football team learning to tackle competitionApril 9th, 2011 - 7:01 pm ICT by ANI
Springdale (Arkansas, US), Apr.9 (ANI): By day they are college students, career women and stay-at-home mothers, but once they strap on helmets and shoulder pads, they are transformed into Arkansas Lady Rampage - the Northwest’s first female football team.
There are also lawyers and doctors in the squad. Players range in age from 18 to early forties. Many of the women see it as chance to do something outside the norm of their everyday life.
According to the Daily Mail, the team from Springdale, which was formed this year and are still on the lookout for players as well as a team doctor, game announcer and camera operator, are on a steep learning curve..Shawn Miller, player and part owner of the team, said: “It’s a new physical attribute for women so all of us out there are learning how to tackle, how to hit but we are starting from the ground up so that’s exciting.”
The Rampage will play in the inaugural women’s Spring Football League when the season kicks off at the beginning of next month.
The team is part of the Heartland Division made up of seven teams who will travel to each other’s home grounds from as far as Minnesota, 900 miles away.The first game will be played on May 7 at home against the Topeka Mudcats with the venue still to be decided. (ANI)
- Protesting, showing-off more typical of male footballers - Jul 04, 2011
- Welsh and Scott team snub the national anthem - Jul 27, 2012
- Lions of Khorasan are roaring again - Dec 11, 2011
- First Tibetan women's team to keep date with ball (With Image) - May 25, 2012
- A journey from Indian slums to Germany - for football (With Images) - Jun 29, 2011
- Alabama Defeats Arkansas By 24-20 In NCAA Football - Sep 26, 2010
- AIFF not to release Dempo's players for I-league derby - Dec 03, 2011
- Las Vegas Lingerie Bowl attracts red-blooded American males attention - Feb 08, 2011
- Torres doesn't have to score to prove his worth: Ancelotti - Mar 03, 2011
- First rule book of football to be auctioned - Jul 12, 2011
- Duff wants husband to be stay-at-home dad - May 19, 2012
- Arkansas Wins Liberty Bowl In Overtime - Jan 03, 2010
- NFL Schedule Of The Week Has Colts Vs Jets Game - Jan 18, 2010
- Nobbs' fears about World Series Hockey unfounded: Baskaran - Nov 10, 2011
- US eye 30 athletics medals at London Olympics - Jun 27, 2012
Tags: arkansas football, attribute, camera operator, career women, daily mail, early forties, everyday life, first game, football league, football team, heartland division, helmets, home mothers, inaugural women, mudcats, rampage, shoulder pads, spring football, steep learning curve, team doctor