Afghan handicrafts, dry fruits lure retailers at Delhi IITFNovember 22nd, 2010 - 7:57 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov.22 (ANI): Handicrafts and several other items made by women from Afghanistan lured retail buyers at the India International Trade (IITF) Fair 2010 here over the weekend.
Traditional clothes and silver jewellery were displayed, while some other traders brought dry fruits, fresh fruits, carpets and spices.
“I know how to address the Indians, I know how to give information about our products and about our country so that they buy our products,” said Ayesha, woman participant from Afghanistan.
Afghan trader Wali Mohammad Omarkhil said he would like to strengthen the relationship between India and his country through trade.
“We are expecting alot from the India International Trade Fair. We would like to find a good market for our products. Our aim is to make friendship with the Indian people, to introduce our products to the Indian people. We can provide them with the products,” said Omarkhil.
Omarkhil further said that the heavy duties imposed on dry fruits and other items discourages traders from getting their consignments into India.
This is the 30th edition of the IITF.
The estimated budget of this event expo is expected to be a billion dollars.
Around 23 countries are participating in the event. (ANI)
- International trade fair begins Monday - Nov 13, 2011
- Food, handicrafts galore at trade fair - Nov 12, 2011
- Products by jail inmates popular at New Delhi's Trade Fair - Nov 17, 2010
- Wooden masks from Ghana huge draw at IITF - Nov 18, 2011
- Eurozone crisis hurting India's exports, growth: Pranab - Nov 14, 2011
- Trade fair: Head to Afghan pavilion for fruits, jewellery - Nov 15, 2011
- Himachal pavilion to have 60 stalls at trade fair - Nov 12, 2010
- Pakistani traders do brisk business at trade fair - Nov 21, 2011
- Cross-LOC trade declining on Poonch route - Aug 27, 2012
- Afghanistan keen to trade with India via Wagah-Attari border - Jul 01, 2012
- UAE eyes Indonesia, China trade expos - Oct 14, 2011
- South African handicrafts huge draw at Delhi trade fair - Nov 16, 2011
- For South Africa, Delhi trade fair is road to global market - Nov 15, 2011
- India to hold electrical tools expo in Dhaka - Mar 13, 2011
- Delhiites eye good luck charm, chillies at trade fair - Nov 18, 2010
Tags: afghanistan, alot, billion dollars, carpets, consignments, dry fruits, expo, fresh fruits, handicrafts, iitf new delhi, india international, indians, international trade fair, mohammad, participant, relationship between india, retail buyers, silver jewellery, spices, traditional clothes