Advani says, 21 century will belong to IndiaMay 11th, 2009 - 9:28 pm ICT by ANI
By Ravinder Singh Robin
Amritsar, May 11 (ANI): Bharatiya Janata Party’s prime ministerial candidate and senior leader Lal Krishna Advani on Monday said that the 21st century will belong to India even though in the last century it belonged to the United States, United Kingdom or Russia.
Addressing a big rally in support of Navjot Sigh Sidhu, the cricketer-turned-politician, here on Monday, Advani said that India could become a super power in this century.
Advani said the May 11 holds big importance for him personally, as it was on May 11, 1998 under the BJP-led NDA government and with Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam’s efforts, the Pokhran tests were carried out and the country turned a nuclear power. And, if the NDA govt. would again return to power, the next century would belong to India.
” I can say through my experience that even though the 20th century belonged to America, England or Russia, our country and our people have enough capability. And I am sure that the present 21st century will belong toIndia,” said Lal Krishna Advani
Six States and two Union Territories are to undergo polls during the fifth and final phase of the ongoing Lok Sabha elections.
In Punjab, mine parliamentary constituencies are scheduled to go the pollson Wednesday (May 13) in which the fate of 139 candidates will be decided by the voters.
The results of the polls will be out on May 16. (ANI)
- NDA to meet Friday over presidential polls - Jun 14, 2012
- Akalis, BJP build on new, secular identity (Punjab Newsletter) - Apr 14, 2012
- Top leaders focus on Amritsar during final campaign - May 11, 2009
- BJP to contest presidential poll, undecided on candidate (Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- NDA meet on presidential candidate begins in Delhi - Jun 17, 2012
- NDA fails to decide on presidential poll (Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- Navjot Sidhu complains against fake Facebook page - Jul 26, 2012
- I pity Manmohan Singh, says Advani - Feb 17, 2011
- Presidential polls: BJP woos Jayalalithaa, NDA to meet Friday (Third Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Punjab poll lingo: 'Pappu PM' and 'qattal-e-aam' (Punjab Newsletter) - Jan 27, 2012
- Will decide on Sangma after consultations: Advani - Jun 15, 2012
- Prominent candidates in Punjab assembly polls - Jan 28, 2012
- President's poll: BJP core committee to meet Monday (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- Top Punjab leaders are worth Rs.250 crore (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll's scrapping landmark decision: Advani - Apr 01, 2012
Tags: 20th century, 21st century, abdul kalam, amritsar, bharatiya janata party, bjp, cricketer, dr a p j abdul kalam, final phase, krishna, lal krishna advani, lok sabha elections, nda govt, nuclear power, parliamentary constituencies, pokhran tests, politician, prime ministerial candidate, ravinder singh, union territories